Monday, September 5, 2011

So far Behind!

I think so many of my blogs start this way! Oh well, I will get better! so much has happened. Lizzie, Shad and the kids all came on the 4th of July. I stayed with Jacob's family for a night and then brought his kids back with me. Later in the week Jake and Lyndsey came and stayed with us for a couple of days and then took the kids back home. Not long after that I went down to Lizzies and babysat Lizzies kids for about 8 days and Rebeccas about 4 of those days also. It was wild and crazy and close together, but I will never pass up a chance to be with my kids, their spouses and my grand kids. Life is short and you just never know how much time you will have with people. Then throw in some Tuna and it has been a very busy summer. Tonight I will blog Lizzie's family visit and then the others on another day!

I have so many pics, I don't know how I could ever post them all, so I will just do the best that I can! I think I will steal most of Lizzie's from her blog for when they were here. I might have to steal some from when I babysat also, it was a little to busy for me, 6 kids all over again! We went to the light house and in the end, Kate was too short, and the Lady got all hyper with Shad when he tried to lift Tanner up so he could see better in the light part of the Light house. But I think if the day had not been so cold and windy, and the kids had been a little older, it would have been really cool. We also tried to go to the tide pools at the Lighthouse park, mistake, Strawberry Hill beats it all to heck. I was going to check it all out before they came, but ran out of time. Oh well, it made great pics! Then Steve took Shad and Tanner fishing, it was so cool, Tanner loved it and didn't get sick the tiniest bit. That starfish is the biggest one Steve has ever accidentally pulled up. The bottom pic is when Tanner fell asleep, I think they went fishing at about 4:00am
I had something planned for every day. It was so much fun. We didn't do everything I planned but we had a great time. One of the things grand kids have reminded me of is that I love to play cards. I played cards for hours over the last month. It is very educational and fun at the same time. It also helps kids learn to lose. I make sure they win more than I do, but I also make sure I win sometimes. As a result they are all pretty good losers. I always act really happy when they win so it has helped them to be very happy when the others when. Tanner and Kate are really good at it for their age. We had a barbecue on the 4th, it was too windy to be on the beach so we had it in front yard in front of the shop. It was great! Kate thinks Steve is so funny, they were good pals!
We made cupcakes, lots of shaped pancakes, painted, went to the aquqrium, a cute little pirate village (kind ofbuilt sand castles, and just basically had a great time

5 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh my gosh those pictures were so cute! My favorites were the ones of Kate and Dad, so cute! Thanks for posting! I can't wait for you to do all those things with my kids! They are going to love you! love you!

Danielle said...

Sooooo fun. I'm so jealous :) You are such a good grandma!!! Love you!

Lizzie said...

It was soooooo fun. thanks for having us out. love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!! I really loved all of the pictures and everyone is so happy. Hugs

Megan and Greg said...

Great pics, Mom. Have you made any more Chef Brad? Can't wait for you to come! I guess Greg's gonna be out of town the three days prior. Out of town training for work.