Last year was a great year and a hard year. I learned that being sick is not fun. I cannot remember a time when I was that sick, for that long of a period of time. About 2 months ago I woke up one morning and felt like myself for the first time in a bout a year. I remember waking up one morning and saying to myself, "something is different I felt like me. I thought the old me was gone and that I was going to have to accept forgetting things to the point of fear, and just not having the energy I was used to.
I've been thinking about my life, deep I know, but seriously, I have been thinking about what I want to accomplish this year. I like Aliese have thought a lot about Danielle's goals last year. They were aggressive. The thing that moved me more than anything was that even thought she didn't achieve all of d goals, she accomplished soooo much. I think there were things she definitely wouldn't have done at all if she hadn't made those goals. Then today as I was thinking about this I felt prompted to read the 1st Pres Message. It was great and gave me even more courage and hope about setting the goals I wanted. Sooooo I am going to do what Danielle did and list my goals and give you a report of my success at the end of each month. I still have to figure out my plan to implement them but the goals are going to be set today!
Goals for 2014 (random order"
1. Paint at least one Painting project
2. Make at least one dress for me
3. Get all pictures up by January 31st
4. Get completely unpacked by Feb28th
5. Reach 155 lbs and maintain it for 6 weeks
6. keep the Sabbath more Holy (kind of vague, but I will know if I am moving forward)
7. Procrastinate less
9. Go the the temple once a month
10. clean and organize my greenhouse
11. Plant or have something growing every month but December (to little light for things to grow)
12. Start my own plants from seed
13. Plan ahead on my Sharing time lessons-one month ahead
14. 100 % visiting teaching
15. More patience with certain people
16. Fix yummy Breakfast at least once a week
17. Have grains or beans in the fridge at all times
18. eat out 2 meals or less a week
19. walk or elliptical 6 times a week
20. weights 3 times a week (if I don't find them within 3 weeks I will go buy new ones)
21. blog once a week.
I am sure you thought I always did some of those, and there are some I used to do that and got out of the habit when I got sick and know need to get back to my habits.
If you read Pres Ucdorfs talk you will see why I had the courage to put down so many and some pretty tough to accomplish.
I think I am going to post random pictures off and on because I am so far behind and have some beautiful and fun pics.
Christmas was great! We went to Rebecca's first and got to listen to the girls sing a How Great Thou Art in harmony. Absolutely beautiful!! Got to hear Rebecca accompany...ohhh always a treata. Aliese and Anna also sang in a stake choir. Decorated a cute Gingerbread cake mold that Danielle and Clay had given to me for Christmas. She said "she thought I desperately needed it" She was right! It was tasty also. Aliese and I did the ones below the girls.
It was great to see cute little Jason again.
This is Jason in his new coat from us. We got to eat at MotorDogs! That was fun and tasty. Anna had this Jersey accent going on while she was waiting on us, it was great! I told her I thought she should talk like that when it is her turn to wait on people. It reminded me of when Lorali and and Rory subbed for Lukd. Then off to Lizzie's, made the gingerbread cake with them too. Tanner couldn't get more candy on his if he tried, but I have to say it was really cool looking. (the boys always put more sprinkiles and candy on
Well I have a cold and and am tired. I am excited to make this a part of my life again. Love you all!