Saturday, November 14, 2009

Catching Up sort of


Wow! It has been so long since I've blogged. Life has been crazy. About a month and a half ago Steve decided he wanted a fiberglass boat. If he bought one it would mean he would have to moor it (keep it in the water at the docks fulltime). That conversation then led to the idea we had explored many times about moving into our Newport Vacation Rental. Every time we considered it we would get close to deciding we would move and then change our minds. This time I really started to consider it more seriously than I ever had. I started to get excited about the idea of having all my kitchen stuff in the house and in the amazing pantry inside my house instead of in my garage. The idea of living closer to Newport-10 minutes to Walmart and Fred Meyer instead of 35-40 minutes, a larger living room. So I took Amy with me when she was out here and asked her what she thought. She said" I don't understand why you aren't already living here. " That pretty much did it for me. I had a struggle with the difference in the beach access between our Idaho Street house and this house, also the bedroom layout is better at Idaho Street. But with reassurance from my kids that I was making much ado about nothing, I felt like I not only could move, but wanted to.

Starting about the last week in October we have been working almost non-stop to get everything out of our Idaho Street house and get it ready to rent. We had just a little under 3 weeks. Add to that 2 extra Weight Watcher meetings (an hour away) I did during that time because I had to sub for a co-worker, driving to Portland to take Danielle to the airport, going to Eugene to pick up Amy, the list goes on. We still have a few things to get out of the other house, and a gillion boxes to unload and put away here.

One of the first things I did was to put up a few of my fall decorations, I couldn't live in utter chaos w/o some fun and seasonal things around me.We had Megan, Greg, Mike , Danielle and even Amy, helping us a few days. Greg painted my sewing room, and the others helped move stuff. Our living room and kitchen are livable, but thats about it. I am anxious to have it all done. I have to say, working in my new kitchen is a dream. I can't wait for my grandkids to see the sprinkle drawer. It is so great to actually have all my dishes in my kitchen and space to spare. Well, as we move forward I will post more pics.The Pantry is almost done, it has about 4 feet between these two sets of shelves, it is so cool to have room for all the food and some room to spare!

Amy and Mike are living with Mikes brother and sister-in-law and Mikes brother has a cold, so Amy is with us now. Mike was here on her b-day also, it was a fun day! Amy was cute as always, she is such a joy to have around. Steve and I feel blessed to have her in our life.Well, hope all of you are well! Love you all!

11 comments:

Kristi M. said...

I so want to come and visit and partake of your sprinkle drawer. Holy cow that is fun! We would love to come out and visit some time. Maybe this coming summer. Depends on what life brings us by then. We love you guys! What a change.

Emily said...

I had never seen that house before, I love it...and that VIEW! Amazing, how exciting for you guys.

Mindy said...

I am loving the pantry. That is a beautiful fireplace too with nice fall decorations. I seem to always skip over fall because I get to excited for christmas decorations.

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan and Greg said...

super cool Mom :)

Penny Cluff said...

Sharon, how awesome. I loved the pics of the house and decorations too. Of course, the most beautiful decoration being Amy. I think you made the right choice. I told Steve that I think the better kitchen and pantry is a cover. The real reason is you are closer to the dock and can get my brother out of your hair more hours a day. I told Steve via email that I know many woman living with a
retired man who gladly put them on a slow boat to China. What happened to your green house? Love. Pen

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I do remember the pantry and kitchen, and the pics are beautiful. We have all been blessed to have Amy in our lives, and I pray she will stay for many years to come. I love you and don't forget to RELAX once in awhile. Tell Amy happy birthday from me, I didn't do much on that day except be sick, and I am fine now. Much love mom

*Stephanie Lance* said...

AWESOME! I've only been to that house once, i think. Wasn't Danielle's bridal shower there? How exciting for you guys! Amy IS beautiful and i'm glad to see that everyone is doing good and things are going well. FUN sprinkle drawer! Love it!

CindyV said...

I want a sprinkle drawer, too -- it would make me happy just looking at it every once in a while, it looks so cheerful! I love the pantry, too. I hope you guys are very happy in your new home (once you get past the whole unpacking/organizing hassle)! :)

Carol and Bruce said...

So great to catch up with you. I want that pantry and a sprinkle drawer, my how the kids must love making cookies with you. Have fun getting all set up in your new place. I'm so happy to see Amy having a fun birthday and to hear she is doing well.
love you!

HeidiT said...

I bet your glad the big move is over, now to do all the unpacking :) I am loving your pantry! I have to store a lot of stuff in bedroom closets, I'ld love that much shelf space...definitely worth the move for a more functional kitchen.