Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Two days in a row of blogging! Wow!

I woke up earlier than I planned today and couldn't go back to sleep-a blessing from Heavenly Father! I thought oh well, I will read my scriptures. My life has basically been a mess lately. I have been eating out of control, watching way too much TV and been very unhappy as a result of it. I have prayed a lot about it and just couldn't seem to pull out of it. This morning I felt prompted to read out of the Gospel Principles Manual. We are on Chapter 27 this coming week. If you aren't taking advantage of the GPS Manual (wow is that metaphorical or what!?) you are missing out! It is written in such a simple way, that it doesn't matter how long you have been a member of the church you can gain so much from it. I have decided simplicity allows for great depth and great learning.

Anyway Chapter 27 is on work and the value of it. Just what I needed. I think we are always wanting and hoping to have less work. Like Sis. Beck said we are always trying to find more leisure time. But that is not how the Plan is! The lesson talks about not only the value of work, but how that is the one of the ways to happiness. We are supposed to learn to LOVE work. What a concept! It also quotes Pres. McKay (prophet when I was a little girl) "Let us realize that the privilege to work is a gift, that the power to work is a blessing, that the love of work is success." Just think how much happier we would be if we really practiced, believed and lived this!!! I am going to change my attitude!!!

We had a great time with Amy and Mike this weekend. We watched Movies, sewed, ate, and visited. The weather was gorgeous, I took advantage of it and took a couple of walks on the beach.

About a year ago I bought some stuff to put on my window in my sewing room so you couldn't see through the glass. I procrastinated because I thought it would be a big ordeal. One day I got tired of putting up a sheet across the doors and finally got out the package of the stuff to put on the door. Low and behold it was a plastic film that clung to the window by spraying water on the glass and then squeezing all the air bubbles out with a squeegee. It was so easy!! It is like those things you put on your window for holiday decor. You can peal it right off if you don't like it. Well, it is great! Well, I am, you guessed it-going to get to work! :-)
Love you all!!

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Good blog. I need to read that book. Way cool doors! Love you!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

haha- great post- well I need to read that too- I love the GPS metaphor- wowswer! love you!

Aliese the Writer said...

I liked this post. I have been trying to read my scriptures more. I think that I am really lucky in that I like to work. I do, but there are other things I like to do better. I'll work on that because of your example!

Those things on the doors look really cool! I can't believe it was that easy and you didn't have any bubbles in the end! :)

Lizzie said...

i'm confused...why do you need the thing on the glass? is it for when people are changing their clothes or trying on stuff?

it looks really cool. i can't believe that's a sticky thing. really neat.

Lizzie said...

oh and i couldn't agree more about the gospel principles manual. i JUST said last week in my lesson that what i love about it, is that it really is simple, but so deep. you can take it as far as you want to your understanding. i love that book

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Good blog, I haven't read that book, I think dad has it with his books. I haven't been reading the scriptures like I should lately. Must get back on track. Went back to TOPS and lost 1- 1/4 lbs this week. So I guess it is a good thing. Just seems to be work and you have to DO IT and it is up to YOU! I like the door. Love you

Penny Cluff said...

Pres Hinkley said the best cure for depression is hard work. I have used that cure quite a few times in the last few years. When I had my assisted living the one thing that most residents wished for was the ability to be able to work again. I injured my arm a few months ago and could not do much. I missed being able to work. I got so sick of TV and even reading.

Megan and Greg said...

That's still kinda see through, Mom!