Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Update

Well, it's been busy at our house. A week ago today I took Steve to get his first colonoscopy-I know a really great subject. We have both avoided them, he took the first big step. The results weren't terrible but it motivated me to sign up for one. When I get back from my trip with my sister, I think I will set up an appt. He had 6 pollups (like that name) that if left in there were the kind that would have turned to cancer. I am so glad he had them taken out. Needless to say I believe in colonoscopies.

Then on Friday I took him to Portland to get his eyes lazered-it was take care of Steve week. It has made a difference for him. I thought it wasn't really necessary, but now that he did it I can see he really needed it. I am glad he did it. Now we are constantly putting eye drops in his eyes. We spent the night at Jake's and Lyndsey's house. Jake made us a wonderful dinner and breakfast. The next day we went to the zoo. It was great fun. I will post pics later but here's a sneak preview.
Don't you just love Miles hat!

Yesterday I bought and ordered seeds and plant starts!! Ahhhhhh such a wonderful thing! I will have a lot more seeds than that. I bought those at this really cool Feed and Seed Store. It is in Toledo a little town just outside of Newport. The really cool thing about them is they will order the seeds I want and not charge me for shipping. She said they will come in this week! Pretty cool! I also got fresh local eggs there. It is now getting ready to be a 3rd generation store. Gotta love that!

The other night I was sitting at the computer and called Steve to come and look.It's a rough life, but someone has to live it, so I will carry the burden! Love you all!!!

9 comments:

Kristi M. said...

I love Miles hat and Rubys coat is so adorable. It makes her look so grown up. I love the seeds. This week I have been thinking about my garden already and what I want to do differently. I am so excited about it and determined to grow enough tomatoes to can a bunch again this year. Love the sunset. Makes me want to be there on vacation right now.

Danielle said...

What a cute pic of the kids! How fun! I had no idea Dad was getting all that done! I'm so glad they found those things that could turn cancer and got them out! Yikes. Love you both soooo much!

Megan and Greg said...

I'm glad you guys are doing your health stuff. YOU NEED TO. It bothers me that you don't. I wanted to do a garden this year. I need to get on it! Cute pic of Miles and Ruby.

Aliese the Writer said...

You are getting better at posting more. I love it!

I love Miles' hat! It is so cute! Ruby looks so old! I can't believe it.

I'm glad you are both doing your best to stay healthy even though it is not 'great fun' as you always say. Haha! I love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Yes I feel very sorry for you that you have to live on teh beautiful coast. I LOVE that pic of hte kids! I LOVE HIS HAT! So cute! So glad dad got all that stuff done. And glad the laser eye surgery made a difference. love you-

Lizzie said...

wow. was this all sudden? i had no idea dad was getting his eyes lasered until jake told me after the fact. does he love it?

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am glad you are getting the work done on the old colon, it is a pain, but has to be done. I am due, it has been 5 years since my last soooo you know what that means. I miss you we have to go to the temple. I feel so very sorry that you have to live on the coast. As you say some of us get to HA! Love you tell Steve I am proud of him, and getting more mature isn't for the faint of heart, alas another trusium. Is that a word??? hugs

Rebecca said...

Wow Ruby and miles are so cute and I do love the the hat.That must have been really fun!I am so glad that you got those seeds I cant wait to see your garden.Grandma that sun set was so pretty I wish I could see sun sets like that.Grandma check my blog soon.

aber said...

Beautiful sunset, thanks for sharing.
Love Ruby's coat. So cute.
Bec- do you have another new blog? Or was "soon" relative? ;) I keep looking for news...?