Saturday, May 28, 2011

catching up

I have decided if someone wanted to make big money off of me all they have to do is show me some cute sprinkles and I will buy them. If someone invited me to a sprinkle party, if there was ever such a thing, I would probably spend my life savings and have to come home and eat my food storage. It is pitiful! I went to Wal-Mart to look for some sprinkles for Rebecca's wedding cupcakes and on the end cap was the sprinkles you see above. I couldn't buy just one of them... oh no I had to have them all! I started with one then thought well the boys need one too. Then I thought "well I don't have any thing like the Tinkerbell one, so all that was left was Mickey Mouse, so what the heck, I threw it in my cart. So I went in for wedding stuff and a mic for skype, I came out with a mic and 4 sets of sprinkles and two candy necklace kits.

I loved the finale on American Idol. It was the best I've ever seen. It gave me hope in America that the last two people they voted for were clean, wholesome, humble people. The winner, Scotty was a downright gentleman. It made the last 2 episodes a lot of fun.

I have really enjoyed having my camera (well, one like it) back. I love taking pictures. I don't know what I will do with all of them, but can't resist a beautiful sunset, or a pretty flower. If I take it to my green house I can't resist taking pics of the veggies. And of course if my grandkids are around I want to take pics of them too!

Speaking of my greenhouse-every year especially now that we live up here, I have to say to myself, "be grateful for what you can grow and don't get up tight about not planting every square inch! If I don't tell myself that I start getting discouraged especially at this time of year. My tomatoes look fabulous (the little plant in the middle is basil)-that is the ones in the beds. The pic above was taken about a week ago. 3 days ago they had grown a good 4-6 inches. The experiment of hanging tomatoes.... I am not sure about. They are growing much slower. They don't look any bigger than they did a week ago. The one that I put their special soil and fertilizer in doesn't look as healthy as the one that I put my regular special soil that I add to my beds every year and my regular fertilizer. I had a crazy spinach plant that tried to take over the greenhouse. If we had been living at our house by the greenhouse, it would have been eaten instead of growing all over the ground. It started going to seed so I pulled it up. :-( Oh well.This year has been the year of the rhododendrons. It has been so beautiful! The wild rodies are more in bloom than I have ever seen them. They are blooming all up and down the highway, I love it! Our purple one bloomed.I finished Rebecca's dress as much as I can until I get down there, it is going to be pretty.

Well, tomorrow is my last sharing time for two months. I am glad. I know that did well, but I could do better and I am looking forward to feeling like I know better what I am doing. Last week the stake was there observing. I told them that I still don't feel like I know what I am doing, and they all said you sure couldn't tell. That made me feel better, but I still am grateful that I get to observe for a couple of months.

It seems like I had more to say but I'm tired and have company coming tomorrow.

Love you all bunches!

Well, it seemed like I had

6 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

loved the pics, but I was waiting for the grand finale of your dress..... MOTHER. WEll, are you going ot wear it at the wedding? You better do something cause I've been waiting to see it. Love you- oh and I LOVE THOSE SPRINKLES! So fun! I can't wait for my kids to go to your house, and I don't even have htem yet! love you

Not quite the Bradys said...

:D I have a weakness for cute cupcake sprinkles too. I absolutely HAVE to buy them. You know the really funny part? I don't eat or bake cupcakes. I just buy the cute sprinkles. Don't know why.

Danielle said...

haha I love you. I love that you can't resist sprinkles! Greenhouse looks great. And those rhododendrons look sooooooooooooo pretty. I forgot how pretty those are. I feel the same way about primary. I always say to my partner- who has been teaching sunbeams for years- gosh I don't know what I'm doing. And she always says, no way you always give such good lessons! I dunno. I guess it's good we have high expectations of ourselves? Anyway...I'M SO EXCITED I get to see you this Friday! YAYYYYY!!!!!!!! That is soooo close. Love you SO MUCH!

Megan and Greg said...

Mom you are an incredible teacher, I'm sure your most worst effort would be better than the average of many people. But I know how you feel, wanting to "have it down". Your little basil looked so cute and small. I was so determined to have a garden and I just wasn't ready for it this year. I was all depressed about it, but oh well. Next year. I'm excited for Rebecca's dress. What a relief to have it ready to go. I can't believe we're leaving in a few days. It seemed like it was never going to get here and now I feel like I'm not ready! I'm so excited for the reunion now that I got everyone's emails. It will be good to see everyone this weekend!

Rebecca said...

Really pretty pics grandma I love those sprinkles are sooooo cool and I totally would have bought them all.It is so true you have the best growing plants in the world.Can't wait to see you love you.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love the pictures, the flowers are really pretty. I have to laugh at you and the sprinkles, what a push over we are for anything that has to do with having fun with the grandkids. I love you and appreciate you so much, you are such a wonderful daughter. Hugs and kisses PS glad you have the dress almost done. I wonder if the tomatoes growing upside down don't get as much sunlight because they are in the shadow of the bucket???? love you