Monday, May 16, 2011

Guess What I Got?!!!

Well, I took my camera to a painting class and on the way there I left it on the plane! Talk about a depressing thing when you love your camera as much as I do. I called 7 airports and no one turned it in. So you guessed it someone stole it. Sooooo I look on line at Costco and then called Lizzie to get her opinion, she says, "go on eBay and get your same camera, unless you didn't like the pictures or etc. " I thought I loved my camera, plus she said that way I wouldn't have to learn a new camera. So I took my first real serious leap on eBay. I put in a bid and then was worried I put in to high of a bid, but I was the highest bidder. There were 16 people bidding on it. When it got close to the closing time I noticed someone had out bid me. I upped my bid and was about to go on a walk. I noticed that if I went on my walk, I wouldn't be there at the end. So I got paranoid and sat down and watched it. About 5 minutes before it closed someone out bid me. I then clicked on the little 1 click bid, and so did the other person, that went on for a couple of more bids, then it had about 2 minutes left and I was high bidder, I sat there so nervous wondering if this was an experienced bidder and would out bid me at the last second. But the last two minutes clicked away and I got it!!! I was so happy. It came in about 2 days later. I didn't have any way to get my pics off of the camera, so I couldn't tell if it took good pics or not. So Saturday I went to walmart, got a card reader.

Today it was beautiful so I went outside to take some pics of the Rhodies that Steve planted last summer and voila, beautiful pics. Ahhhhhhh.... I am so happy. I will be blogging more again!

I decided to blog my paintings I did with my sister in Missouri. It was an interesting experience. I enjoyed the time with my sister, enjoyed painting most of the time, but didn't like the teacher. I guess she is amazing and famous, but as teaching goes, I thought she was okay. She was a "fixer". I like to do my own work and I if I dont' like something or want some help, I like to ask and not have the teacher "fix it" for me! Oh well, live and learn. It made me want to experiment with oils again.I have several things to blog, a new dress, Danielle's present and etc. But will do that when I look more presentable. Enjoy the pretty flowers and the paintings. Love you all!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Awesome! PRETTY flowers! I love those! Love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

so pretty! I can't wait to see the dress! love you!

aber said...

OOO! Pretty! I love the reflection in the water and the colors you used. Love and miss you. Please tell Rebecca to call me.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Sharon I love the pics of the flowers, so beautiful be sure and tell Steve they are sooooo perfect. I love you and appreciate you so much. Could you please take a couple of pictures of the quilt and put it on the blog. I also need a hard copy as I forgot to take a picture myself. I love you see you soon, when are you going to CA???? hugs and kisses

Danielle said...

Mom those paintings are GORGEOUS! I love them so much! You did such a good job!!!!!!!!!!

Megan and Greg said...

Wow, good job on the paintings! I've never seen you paint like that before! That would tick me off, the teacher fixing. I would want the painting to be my own, not mine and someone else's. Oh well. I didn't realize you lost it from a trip to your sisters. For some reason I thought you were flying home from Lizzie's.

Carin said...

Sharon--those are amazing paintings and beautiful photos!! You have the talent, like your mother!! Wow! Great job! So fun to hear about how things are going for you!

Kristi M. said...

I thought art was a creative process and to each their own. I understand technique but to come from behind and fix would drive me nuts. I had no idea that you painted and you do such an awesome job! Your ebay experience was funny. It reminds me of my times sitting at the computer hoping and waiting to see that I have won on several big items. It an be so nerve wracking.

Aliese the Writer said...

I'm glad that you like your camera. It does take really good pictures. Those flowers look so pretty! And the paintings! I love the last one so much. It looks so pretty! You did such a great job! I love you! :)