Sunday, April 29, 2012

My visit to the California in February


I have the first cold I have had in a long time.  So I finished watching the Harry Potter DVDs, starting with the 3rd one.  I am amazed how after reading them so many times I have imagined the scenes in my mind so many times that I was wondering if those scenes would be on the screen.  I was surprised how many things I would swear were in the  movies weren't there.  Does anyone else see pictures in their mind as they read?  I assumed everyone saw things in their mind until I started studying Autism.  Anyway it was great fun and I cried at the end again of course and wanted to read the books again.  Don't know that I will, but the thought has crossed my mind.  After that I got out Avonlea and started watching those.  It's kind of nice to be too sick to do anything, but not so sick that you can't watch movies.

I read Pres Monsons opening talk the other day and it was soooo good. It talked about how one of the reasons for Conference is to gain comfort.  His opening talk did just that! Read it if you haven' already, it's not very long.

Seems like I am forgetting some things but that's what happens when you wait too long to post.  I am going to add some pics of Aliese's b-day and my trip to CA at the beginning of Feb. 
The first thing I did I already blogged about, that was going to Wish with them and seeing what that was like and watching Aliese and Anna sing.The next day was PE.  I loved it, watching a group of kids that aren't sports people, playing soccer, gotta love it!
We had a valentines party with all the SO Cal girls and kids. Aliese made these very delicious as well as beautiful chocolate covered strawberries.
 Making valentines
Do you think girls love babies?

 The valentine party table!

Heart Shaped Croutons
  Picture to put in some frames they painted.
Aliese's B-Day
Aliese is really good at this game!
Rebecca and Steve got her this great gift!
I think Steve was tired in this one.
The next day was time to go home and I realized there wasn't a pic of me, so Aliese and Anna took one with me.  I don't know where Gracie was.  The sun was very bright!
It was such a good time!  I loved every second of it!

5 comments:

Lizzie said...

Cute!! Thanks for posting Mom. I loved seeing all the pictures.

so sorry you're sick. i hope you feel better soon.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Great post!!!! LOved all of the parties and glorious food of course. It all looked really yummy! I think you love CA. and the girls sure do. I thought the one of the girls around the girl baby was really precious. Sorry you are sick and hope you are better soon. Love you

Danielle said...

Ohhh I wish I was there! So fun! So cute! It was fun seeing more of Rebeccas place in the background. Love you!

Aliese the Writer said...

Great post! Loved all the pictures. I'm so glad you took them so we can remember that trip better. It was such a fun trip and it went by so fast. Miss you so much! Can't wait for the reunion! Love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

great pics! Rebecca looked like Lizzie in that one of her and aliese hugging! That was crazy! Great pics, great job. Sorry you're sick, but I am glad you're doing NOTHING for a change and just watching movies. love you.