Friday, July 20, 2012

It's that time of year....

Steve went tuna fishing today.  His goal was to bring home 10.  Heavenly Father knew better, I could only handle 5.  I am trying to get the house ready and clean for the realtor to come on Saturday morning. I have been a little stressed to put it mildly.  So here I am sitting in the garage at 11:34 minding the pressure canner.  I am actually very grateful.  I love having a ton of canned tuna in my pantry.  It makes me feel very secure. I love sharing it with my family also.  i have a few close friends that get it also.  There is also a good 2 1/2 hours of set up and prep time to get the tuna in the jars.  It is much nicer at our other house because I can go back and forth from the house to the kitchen and do a few things in the early stages.  I have to admit, it is nice to not be able to leave the canner also.  I watched almost a whole season of a tv series one year.  It's one of those what I call guilt free zones.  You can't do anything else so you sit mind the canner and watch a movie or as I am doing now catching up on my blog.  Now if I weren't so tired I would probably do WW work or Beach house work, but a girl has to take a break once in a while!

Well, the last month has been a very busy one.  Almost one month to the day ago, Rebecca and Steve were sealed in the LA Temple.  It was very special.  The Lord blessed them with a wonderful sealer.  He was soft spoken and taught us some wonderful things. I had a hard time picking pics so enjoy... this is after the sealing.  They look so happy!!

 Here is Elle... too cool for school!We got to see Amy, Mike, Rebecca and Steve of course, the Leslie girls, Lizzie and Shad, and their kids.  It was wonderful. Lizzie's kids made their bed and put all their animals on there bed! Elle with Grandpa (Steve)Then I stayed for another week with Lizzie's fam and Rebecca and the girls came out for a couple of days also.  It was so fun.  Hours in the pool with me being the monster.  We made cupcakes -cool ones- Spider-man and the avengers and Snow White and the dwarfs.  Altogether we did them 3 times.  I bought the coolest decorating things.  If you decorating with frosting with kids you have to have these, they are the best.  The 4 year olds could use them.  One day later in the day Lizzie and I went shopping.  It was soooooo much fun!!!  I got some new clothes that I loved for the first time in 3 years or more!  I have felt so cute lately! The best part was that they were almost all on clearance or dramatically on sale.  I also got some cute wedges!  I wore them to WW's today and got lots of fun comments. WW's does alot for my ego.  Then when Rebecca was there the three of us went to get our nails and toes done.  That was heavenly.  Afterwards we went to dinner.  It was great!  Then home again home again jiggety jig.

After I got home I had 4 days to get everything ready for the family reunion.  It was my turn this year.  I figured out that because I traded with Megan, Steve and I won't be in charge again for 20 years!!! Is that too crazy or what!!!  I will be 75 years old.  That is just too crazy and hard to think about!!!!

The reunion was really fun.  There were 24 people counting Maddie.  Unless someone hid it from me, we had no fights or disagreements, it was wonderful.  We tried it a different way this year, we went much more simple with the food and it made all the difference. Plus we didn't do as many activities.  And most of the activities didn't start until after lunch.  It was so much more relaxing.  We had way more time to visit and hang on the beach.

We had a sandcastle contest.  That was really fun.  Way more fun than I thought it would be. We went to the spit and watched fireworks.  Had a bonfire, roasted hotdogs and made smores.  We then went further out on the beach and did our own fireworks.  We went to Strawberry hill to look at tide pools, but decided after the fact that it was a family activity, not a reunion activity..to dangerous.  But we did have fun there.We  had a fun craft for the kids one afternoon.  Someone had built a cool fort before we got there, I wish it would be there every year.  The kids had so much fun with it. Steve took all the grandkids out on his boat out into the ocean to pull up crab cages.  They all got a turn driving the boat. It was a great time.

Then they all came to our house for another night.  Sunday they all left except for Amy and Mike and Danielle and Clay.  They left on Sunday afternoon and late afternoon.

Then it was wash,wash, clean and try to put my house together and clean it so we can put it up for sale.  I have been hurrying because Megs baby is due any day now.  Pretty busy summer. But all good stuff!

I'm losing one of my counselors in Primary. That is always hard in a little branch like ours.  There are so few people that can do a calling like that.  But I'm sure the Lord will provide.

Well it is very late and I think my canner is cooled down.  So I will post more pics later.  Love you all!





5 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Great post! It was great to see sealing pics. I haven't seen any. They look so happy. It was good to hear about everything. You have been busy. I hope you get everything done! I'm excited for you to come!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Such a wonderful post. I really enjoyed the pictures of Rebecca and Steves sealing, so wonderful to see them so happy. I hope you get everything done and then when Megan is ready so will you be. It is wonderful to be able to eat the fruits of your labor of all the tuna that Steve catches. Such a blessing for us all. I love you so much and I am praying for your safe trip to and from DC. Hugs and kisses

Aliese the Writer said...

I'm glad you posted! You really do have a busy summer and you are being so amazing about it. The reunion was so fun. I love and miss you so much!

Not quite the Bradys said...

So glad to see pictures of the sealing! They look ecstatic and I am so happy for them. Love you all!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I keep meaning to write you a thankyou note for the reunion but it's just not going to happen. I never have before, but this one was just so heavenly it just deserves a great big thankyou. I loved everything about it. when it's my turn we will do everything the same minus strawberry hill. I LOVED IT. thankyou for everything. your life is so busy. I guess my life will never be calm again. i'm excited for you to be at the other house. lov eyou-