Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Relief Society and Pics of Megans Visit

 
I love Relief Society, I always have.  Last night was our night time activity.  It was all about journals. She talked about all the different ways we could Journal.  Also they talked about the importance of talking about the things of the world, what we eat, our lives, family, Spiritual expediences, just about anything you can think of. One of the ideas of course was blogs.  I thought about how I love blogging and I love reading them.  I have gotten out of the habit and I realized again it is important.  Of course you could just keep a private journal, but blogging it seems to me brings a broader view like the suggestions of what should be included in a journal.  I will always have a personal journal, but again was reminded for me the importance of the blog, because it includes pics, recipes, more everyday things.  I don't include those kind of things generally in my personal journal.  I was reminded of what I have been thinking about lately, having had way too much time to think in the last month and a half, how our society has tried to find easier and shorter ways to communicate.  That can be a good thing, but if we are not careful we won't be communicating.  Before Cell phones and especially texting and facebooking, people talked on the phone more, or got together more.  Today we seem to try to find ways to get around a phone call or visit.  We tend to think we are too busy, but yet we seem to find time to watch movies or TV.  I am grateful for all the technology, but I think it is important to not get in such a hurry to get done with people that we don't communicate at all.  So the long and the short of it, the speaker asked us to make a small goal to journal in some way.  My small goal it to blog at least once a week.  I am so far behind that it inhibits me from blogging.  But no more!  So you might see random older pics and that is okay too.  Plus I feel like it keeps us all in touch and we feel more a part of each others lives.  I am glad Megan discovered face time, I have wanted us to do that more as a family, her world is forcing us into it.  I'm glad.   I'm going to include some pics of when Megan and Jakes family were here. Love you All!
 doesn't she look like she is on the runway!



Not the best pic, but it shows my mom and dad










 And the usual tea party, it was Scarlets first.  She was amazing for her age in the decorating department!





 


 Wow, Ruby old enough to pour the tea!  Have to admit, its hard to see people growing up!



 Will post the beach another day! 





7 comments:

Danielle said...

I love it when you blog. And you are right about it's importance as a journal. The pictures were so cute! I loved looking at them. Love you!

Chad and Jessica said...

Those tea party pics are priceless! Oh man, that looks so fun. What an awesome Grandma. i love blogging too.

Megan and Greg said...

Amen to what you said! It seems to be the theme going around,yet we are all still struggling with it! I LOVED the pics. Thanks. Love you! We should talk soon.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

haha- miles looks like he's not that interested in the tea party and is just there for the food- haha. Ruby is SO OLD! I can't get over it. I LOVED the pic of Grandma in the tea party hat- so funny. Can't wait for Maddie to do all that some day. love you!

Carin said...

Oh my Sharon!! I too loved the tea party pics and laughed out loud at Janelle's photo from the party! The hat, oh my! So very sweet!! I can't wait to be a Grandma!

Rebecca said...

Awesome pics Mom. Thanks.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

HA HA!!!! I so look funny in the hat. Awesome pictures and thanks for posting them. You are a great grandmother. I loved Miles at the tea party, he looks so bored, and maybe he was just there for the food. You are so right about the blogging and Journal. Love you and enjoyed talking to you today. Hugs