Saturday, December 6, 2008

Creepy-cool moon! Piano leaving :-(

Tonight I stood up from watching Jay Leno and looked outside and saw the above. It was so amazing, I had to take a pic of it. The first one I took was with my regular lens and it was not at all what I was seeing with my eye, so I came back in the house got my telescopic lens (thank you Lizzie for getting me to finally take it out of my box and start using it!) and the above is what I got! Cool huh!

Today was a busy day, I got up very late, and then exercised, read my scriptures, and started decorating the porch. I started the other night after weight watchers inside, but the weather was so good today and is supposed to be good tomorrow. I felt really strongly I should go out and get the outside done. I got the house lights, pole lights and most of the porch done, it looks really cool. I have a few more things to do on the porch and then the bushes and fence. Then outside will be done and I can finish up on the inside. I am so excited that 4 of my grand kids are coming. I bought all these Santa's, for my grand kids and Steve and I and the older kids are the only ones that gets to enjoy them. I try to invite people over so I can at least share them with some people. And yes Megan Costco did come out with a new Santa, and I couldn't resist. Steve started telling me 4 years ago if I ever bought another Santa he would throw it in the ocean. He hasn't been able to do it, he falls in love with them also after he sees them. He will then threaten to throw any new ones in the ocean. The new one for this year he refused to take out of the van, it sat in the back seat for about 2 weeks, I finally brought it in.

As I was getting things out of the attic I saw this box that said candles. I thought it was strange as I didn't remember putting candles away in the attic. I brought it down and it was filled with cool candles from Pottery barn that I bought after Christmas for really cheap. They are the cool white house and tree ones. I had totally forgotten that I bought them. I bought some things similar from Costco this year, so obviously the new things will go back to Costco. Steve and I took 3 widows from our branch to the Newport musical, one of them told me how she bought 3 different bags of candy for a party at the church. Two of them she bought on the same day, forgetting that she bought the first two. I thought that is what I get to look forward too, I forgot something I bought a year ago, in about 25-30 years it will be on the same day!!! Scary, ha!

Thursday was a sad day. I gave my piano that I bought when Rebecca was a baby to my dad. He is going to keep it until Amy is ready for it if she lives here on the west coast or if she wants it. I bought it with my sewing money that I earned from my business doing alterations. It felt like I was giving away part of the family. I know it was the right thing, but it didn't make it any easier. I stood and looked at it and almost started crying. I got out the camera, took a pic of it, and then went into my room and journaled about my feelings. I thought as I looked at it about the amazing musicians it has helped to create, and about all the Christmas eve numbers. We have a lot more room and I will get over it!

Well, I love you all!!

8 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Great decision on the piano. Grandpa will definitely play on it. The memories don't away- just the unused object. It's ok. I love you. Thank you for having the piano. I have some good memories on it too. I love you and Dad.

Danielle said...

Well I'm so excited to see the new santa and even more excited to see where you figure out to put it!:) I'm still not completely happy about the piano-giving away ordeal. I just don't understand how Christmas Eve will work now. I suppose we wont all gather there for too many more years. This year Jake will have to play the guitar to accompany our singing. I was actually planning on learning a song on the guitar to perform for christmas eve. I suppose I really need to now. But honestly, like Megan said- thank you for having the piano. It definitely brought out some amazing talents that had we not had it, may have never been discovered! I love you!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

That is wonderful! Good for you! You got rid of the piano! That is wonderful! I'm so excited to see the bare space, and see if you put the toy chest there- or what- This is wonderful! I'm very proud of you! And I bet dad is glad to be rid of it too. I can't wait to see the new space! I'm so energized about this! love you!- AND_ by the way- if we are understanding a letter we recieved correctly- then it looks like I'm going to recieve 2300 dollars every term- FREE- grants. I have to ask teh school about it- it was confusing- so I'm nto sure if we're understanding it for sure- but that's what it looks like! then we won't have to pay for school!!!!!!!!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

the house is going to be so much more peaceful without all that racket when we have family reunions

AMY AND MIKEY said...

AND- if we end up living here- maybe mike can build you a toy closet exactly how you want it- but that wouldn't be for awhile-

Lizzie said...

Wow, I understand everyone's feelings comletely. Yours, megs, dans and amys. It is really weird that you won't have it anymore...especially on Christmas Eve. But I also think it will be nice to have it a bit quieter when we're all there. I'm happy for you that you freed up some space. Love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love you Sharon, and I don't think the piano went out of the family, it just changed places. You will be glad when you have lived with it for awhile. You could probably get dad to bring one of his keyboards for you to have for Christmas Eve, if you want. Then you could pack it up and put it in your closet until we get down again. Think about it, and let me know. I do understand how you feel, I cried when I sent the old piano away, dad thinks I just traded it away just like that, but it was hard as all of you kids had played it and some of the grandchildren pretended to play on also. You feel like a true friend has left you. You will enjoy the free space and you WILL be happy about it as it has spent it's useful time with you and now will be useful for your dad, he loves it. I think it is too big and heavy for him, but what do I know??? Love mom

Not quite the Bradys said...

Hey- do you have to be an actual Arnold to read the Arnold Bookclub blog? Invite me, please?!