Monday, December 1, 2008

Jakes visit and Thanksgiving

Jake, Ruby and Miles came the weekend before Thanksgiving. Lyndsey needed a weekend home alone. I was happy for her to have the weekend off and to be able to make lots of jewelry uninterrupted. Every mothers dream! Ruby disappeared upstairs the first day she got there and came down looking like this! She said it was her scary witch lipstick! We had fun cooking Picking beautiful veggiesand playing on the beach!You can see remnants of Rubies scary lipstick!I love these!Miles liked the beach and the sand.Miles got tired, time to go in.Latter in the weekend, Jake and Ruby went out by their selves when Miles was asleep, I love the different moods of Ruby!She saw me finally, the spontaneous shots were gone!Sadly as all things do the weekend came to an end. Ruby went to church with us, she loves Primary, she made a cute turkey that told all the things she is thankful for. We love having our children and grandchildren come!
The next weekend was Thanksgiving. We had my Mom and Dad, Amy and Mike. It was great to have them all. It was a nice slow paced weekend. We ate, and ate, and ate some more. My mom and dad left on Saturday morning, and Amy and I went to the big city of Lincoln City! I was very excited as we were going to Joanne's , a rare and great treat for me, I saved $321.49. I saved more than I spent! I bought everything from decorations (I don't have enough! ha!!) to fabric, notions, and lots of thread. We had soooo much fun. I got Amy a few things also. Our greatest surprise came at the cash register, we bought some serger thread and found out it was a dollar off, plus 20% more! The lines were about 20 people deep, so we came back later and got some more. Then Walmart, another treat for me, and lastly we went to Twilight! I was expecting nothing so was greatly rewarded for my low expectations. I loved it!!! I will buy it and watch it again. I realize that it isn't an academy award winning movie, but I enjoyed it. I think it was a combination of never getting to go to the movie theatre and my low expectations.
It was a great day for me. I felt like a little kid after going to an amusement park. We also sewed some on Friday. I broke my serger needle plate, not the first time! A flawed part in my opinion! 62.00! When they called me back with the quote, he acted like I may not want it because of the price, I said well I can't sew without it! All in all a great weekend. I have called and had my book shipped from the Newport Library to Waldport for the book club. I am excited to read a new author! Love you all!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

So when I first read this, I was in the library and didn't comment- but I saw Ruby and her black lipstick and seriously was laughing out loud! Those pics are soooo cute and sooo hilarious! I love them! I love pics of Jake with miles and ruby- so cute. It looks like a good time! I love you!!! Sorry I haven't called much- this semester has seriously been crazy crazy. It's almost done though!

Courtenay Beth said...

Sharon, LOVE these posts! Ruby and Miles are OS cute! Love the black Lipstick and MIles is SO big! I guess it's been so long since I have seen any pictures of him!
Also, I am keenly interested in your greenhouse. John and I want to build one when he gets back so I may be calling you or emailing you to get some tips. Did you get yours like from Costco or did you build it yourself?
One more thing...YOU ARE A BABE!!! Seriously, you look so good, SO healthy and your skin is like bright, like I don't know how to explain it, you look SO good! I mean you ALWAYS do :) Love the Bare Minerals...I'm with Lizzie, they make your eyes really stand out! I always wondered about that stuff (the makeup I mean) I guess it really works! You are gorgeous!

Lizzie said...

When did you post this? I kept checking and seeing Beatrix Potter. I must have missed this. Anyway, thanks for the stories and pictures. Miles is so chubby!!! He is so adorable. I really like the pics of Jake and ruby walking on the beach. They look really good. We're so excited for Christmas!

Megan and Greg said...

I saw this days ago and realized I never commented!!!! I laughed out loud when I saw Ruby with her black lips! What a great picture! And those head shots of Jake and Miles- very frame worthy. And I LOVED the far away silouettes of Jake and Ruby- great camera work!!! And you always get mid- air shots! They're so cool! I never think ill of my camera 'till I see yours and Lizzie's pics! I can't believe you saved so much at Joannes! That's unsane! How much did you buy! How does it all fit in your house! (decorations?) Oh Mom, it's so funny. You haven't posted any santas. Did you buy any? That would be a first if you didn't! I'm glad you have such a good day. Good days are the best! I love you! It was really good talking to you guys!

Megan and Greg said...

Actually, I guess I just talked to you, didn't I?