Friday, January 16, 2009

Greenhouse

Yesterday was a crazy day. I got up at 7:00am and was up and exercising, read my scriptures, studied WW topic, jumped in the shower, got dressed, roared off to WW's, did my meeting, had 8 new members, taught the new member meeting, did bookwork, roared home,hurried and cleaned up the rest of my Christmas stuff, cleaned the house, remembered the half bath hadn't been cleaned in a while, cleaned it, then as I am finishing the dishes my VT showed up-hence the reason for racing around after I got home from WW's. After they left I felt like I could hardly move, I literally ached. We had Pizza for dinner and watched a movie, and I did some beach house stuff, tried to look at seeds, but just couldn't. So I went to bed.

While I was laying in bed trying to make my head stop thinking, I decided today was going to be more relaxed in that I wasn't going to set my alarm, wasn't going to hurry anywhere!!! I got up at 7:30,exercised, ate, read my scriptures and wrote in my journal leisurely, then changed my shoes and went out into my very warm greenhouse. The sun is out and my greenhouse was literally borderline hot! It was great! I had been cleaning it out on my almost daily visits and today I actually got to plant something!!!! How cool is that?! I planted 40 garlics, and 30 shallots. Now they were supposed to be planted in Oct, but it is okay to start planting them in February according to my greenhouse book. So since we are having all this sunshine, I decided to plant them today. I hope they take off. The garlic had already sprouted, I don't know if that is good or bad. I shall find out. Worse case scenario I will buy bulbs, and plant again. I am going to sit on the sunny deck after I eat my lunch and figure out the rest of my seeds that I need to buy and then place my order!!! It has been a great day. This is the bed I planted, I actually planted part of the next bed also. The garlic is on the right. I figure if they all work out I can share! They are easy to transport light weight and stay good for a long time! My shallots lasted about a year last time. I am not sure if they are the same variety though. Another view of the same bed
As for the movie, it was great. We watched the Bucket List. We loved it. Mom if you and dad haven't seen it talk to me first! I don't want to spoil the end for anyone that might want to watch it.
I lost 1.8lbs. this last week. I have 1.4lbs to lose to get to the already too high weight I was before Christmas. But I feel really good about it and am moving forward.

Well, hope you all have a great day too! Love you all!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Cool cool. I want to garden so bad lately. I don't have ANY idea why I want to so bad. Maybe it's coming from that same place that has made me want a dog so bad (for some reason lately I want a dog really bad). Anyway- love the update. I hope they all work out! We saw the bucket list a while ago- I really liked it! I love you!!!!

Chad and Jessica said...

Having a greenhouse sounds SOOOO awesome! I would imagine you would have much more flexibility with the seasons....being able to plant things earlier or later in the year cuz the plants aren't subjected to normal elements....but maybe I'm making that up. Anyway, one of our dreams is to have a big garden, and be sustainable, but not crazy anal about it. Thanks for the extra inspiration! Hope the garlic works out....and shallots? How awesome!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Your planter box in the greenhouse looks pretty awesome!!! I love it and hope it all grows for you. I lost 5.6 lbs when I went on Wed. I am going to think like a thin person and try to move like one. They call it the law of attraction. We saw the Bucket List and loved it! great movie. I am looking forward to going to the temple. I love you

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Cool. I want your garlic, we have those garlic breadsticks ALL the time, usually once a week. Yum. I don't know what shallots are. I'm glad you got your Christmas put away. Tomorrow is Martin Luther day so they have sales at Joanns- you should get some fabric and make some pillows. Wow, you sure lost your weight fast, didn't you say you gained 10?

Megan and Greg said...

Almost 2 pounds- that's awesome, Mom!!! I'm so happy for you about your green house! That's great! Man! I've been really missing you! And wanting to talk. Well, the internet motem or I don't know what came today so if all goes well, Greg will set it all up today and we will forever have internet!!!! If so, I will definitley be calling you!!! It has been too long. We haven't even emailed Greg's parents or anything since they left! We're assuming they got home safe but it's been alsmost 2 weeks now and we haven't heard from them. I love you. I'm glad you had a good day.