Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Little Arnold's Visit

Last weekend Jake and Lyndsey used out Newport House because it didn't book. They invited some of their friends. The first night none of their friends could come, so we babysat Miles and Ruby so they could have a night and morning alone. It was great fun. They are so cute. Miles and Ruby both were fascinated by my glasses. Miles wanted to wear them and Ruby would put them on her shirt like I am assuming her grandma Marianne does. I do sometimes also, but I bet Marianne does it all the time. I wish I could have taken a pic of Ruby with them on, but it didn't work out. We made pancakes of course, played Candy Land, watched movies and had a Tea Party. Since there was a tea party, that meant making cookies. Busy, busy. Miles was a real "pooping machine" as his parents call him according to Ruby. I ran out of diapers, and had to use some that thankfully Lizzie and Shad left. He loved us!Ruby was major into trying on the fake hair and hats.
Miles loved the swiffer! I wasn't even using it, he saw it in the laundry room and got all excited, so I let him play with it. He like it on and off. I mostly let him play with it off.Tea party time, we had a very healthy party. We had PBJ sandwiches, cherry tomatoes, carrots from the greenhouse, clementines, lemon tea, and of course sugar cookies. We had two different names. So my second place of residence was Texas. It was hilarious, she got really hostile when I would talk in my southern voice, it agitated her for some reason. Whereas when I was my typical tea party self she was very genteel and we had a very calm time. The next day after they left it got really stormy it was very dark and cool looking. Here it looks more blue, it was really black in real life. I planted some tomatoes, lettuce and arugula (seeds) in my greenhouse on a plant heating pad on Saturday. It was freezing, so I quit early. I want to plant my peppers and some of the plants tomorrow. It was beautiful yesterday, but I spent the majority of the day in Toledo at pres. mtg. Today it is freezing, rainy and windy. So maybe tomorrow. If it is still cold, I will probably bring in the seeds and seeding medium and plant them at the kitchen table and then take them back out to the greenhouse in there little warm sheltered seeding place.
Well, love you all!!

10 comments:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

You sound like a very fun grandma! I love that the tea party was healthy and that Ruby didn't take to your southern accent - too funny! Also, Ethan loves to use our swiffer - more so than the broom. I think he just likes pushing the button so the cleaning stuff sprays out and then listening to me tell him to stop pusing the button!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love the pics of the kids and it sounds like a fun time was on the agenda. Funny about the Texas drawl. love you mom

Danielle said...

Cold? If it's anywhere around 30 degrees, it's heaven. Count your blessings. I love the pictures! And the stories! They are so cute!!! I love you and miss you!!!

Kristi M. said...

That first picture is super cute. I am cold just looking at your ocean picture.

We would love to have you guys here earlier than planned. We are assuming the plan is to come when Uncle Walt and Aunt Penny come.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh my gosh, Miles is so big! He is so cute! Thanks for posting the pics because I never see them! What a fun teaparty- that is so funny that she didnt' like your southern voice- hahah. I love you!

Not quite the Bradys said...

Wow!, Miles IS big! Time sure flies! Ruby looks tons bigger than the last time I checked your blog too. Miss and love you!

Megan and Greg said...

I thought it's always warm in the green house. Guess not. It was fun talking to you and Dad. That pic of Miles is to die for! And the swiffer looked SO BIG for him! Thanks for posting!! Love you!

Lizzie said...

That first picture is sooo cute. I love it.

Rebecca said...

Those kids are so cute. Miles is so fat. He looks so much like Ruby. Was Lyndsey a blonde when she was little? Love you.

Aliese the Writer said...

I didn't have time to read, but I love the pictures. You are lucky you get to see those two so much! I love you!