Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Random things

I didn't realize it had been so long since I blogged. We have been taking down Christmas decorations for the last two days, I am still not quite done. I am mostly just putting the house back together. I have all but two of the boxes in the attic. I have most of the pics back in place. The house always looks so bare after Christmas. Steve asked me if it was worth it to put up so many decorations. I said we enjoy them don't we? He said yes but it sure is a lot of work. He helped me put everything in the attic. I was very grateful. I thought about making some fun spring pillows, valances and buy new flowers for my entry. Then I got tired so changed my mind!

The last few weeks since Robins stroke I have been very grateful and aware of my blessings. I am so humbled as I read Kristi's blog. I have also realized what a wonderful and capable woman Robin has always been. I can see it in her recovery. She is doing so much better than I think any of us ever thought she would, she is amazing.

We enjoy the ability to sleep in and have quiet, but we also miss the little grand kids and our children. It was so much fun at Christmas.

We have been having sunshine and it has been so wonderful. The storms were getting really old.

Tomorrow is Weight Watchers. I had enough people for two receptionists last week, I am so glad. I hope it keeps up, it makes it better for participation and gets the line done quicker. I did really well with my personal goals this week. I realized I need to set goals again and make some new habits. This has been an interesting journey. I gained all my weight back the first two times I reached goal, and this time I have basically maintained about 8 pounds above goal. A huge step forward, but obviously not where I want to be. So the first of this month I thought about what it is I really want and realized I have to make some more changes, ughhhh! Who likes that. But it is time. So I am working on a few things that I am hopeful (in the gospel sense) will bring me to the place I need to be. I realize it will take more effort until I have practiced staying at my goal for quite a long time. Bad habits are hard to break, and good habits are hard to keep. Why is that? A good question for the next life, I assume to keep us humble and on our knees.

I went out to the greenhouse several times last week. This week I have only made it out there once, not good! I will need to go out Friday and Saturday to reach my goal. For tomorrow, I am going to count ordering my new seeds. Now that may not sound very exciting, but it is great fun for me. I love getting new seeds. I think because it is hope in a package. I will start planting on Saturday or Monday. I am excited!!!!!

Steve spoke in enrichment last night. He did such a good job. He spoke on finances! Surprise! Everyone loved it. He has the gift of taking a relatively boring subject and make it interesting, spiritual and funny. I loved it. I loved watching him, he looked so cute and it made me fall in love with him all over again.

I have a new list of Visiting Teaching people. One active and the rest email or finding people. I don't' have a partner. It will be interesting and a new challenge to see if I can get in where others haven't been able too. I am going to make a good effort. I know they probably have had good effort in the past, but who knows maybe they are ready. The active one is Rory's wife JJ. She is so sweet. We had a great gab, I got her to tell me their romance story. I'll have to tell you sometime Danielle.

Well, it is late. Oh one more thing. In our Sacrament meeting someone told about how Pres. Eyring years ago was challenged to write in his journal one thing that showed the hand of the Lord in either his life or the life of his family every day. I have started doing it and it has been really neat and amazing. The first day I did it, it took me more than a page. We are truly a blessed family.

I love you all!

6 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

No comments yet? You must have done this late last night! You sound well. I'm glad you see progress with your weight. Because it is progress- and that's what counts. Next year you'll be even closer and eventually you'll just be there. I liked what you said about falling inlove with Dad. It's fun how that happens. Dad is a really good speaker. Sleeping in and quiet! That sounds nice!!! Greg always gets to sleep in and I have to get up and go so early! It's been harder the last few days. Well, I love you!

Lizzie said...

Thanks for posting Mom. I love it. I appreciate all of your thoughts and wisdom. I love you.

Danielle said...

Well, don't feel bad it's taken you so long to take down your decorations. It took me probably 30 minutes to put all my decor up and has it still isn't put away. I MUST do that today! Anyway-I am so excited to hear about JJ! What a fun person to visit teach. I have been in the ward almost 3 months and still haven't received a visiting teaching assignment, or a visiting teacher. I'm a little upset- I love visiting teaching, and I love being taught. Oh well. I should just take the initiative and ask them myself. Well- I love you!!! I loved your post:)

Grandma, Nonnie said...

What a great post! I love what you said about Steve, such a great guy. I am glsd you are getting seeds. I really enjoyed getting seeds in the ground last spring, and it is fun to think about planting again. I am really proud of you for getting your weight under control. I know you are wanting to be at goal, but you know it's not the most important thing being at a perfect weight. What is a perfect weight anyway? Like I told Danielle the other day, it isn't about the destination, it's about the journey. Your journey with the weight has been really good and your success is there for everyone to see. You have gotten so good at the whole thing and you wear a size 10 so really you don't need to be so hard on yourself. You are without a coubt a beautiful and special girl. I love you so much mom ps I am so glad Robin is getting better.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

That was a nice blog. and doing the decorations IS worth it. It is a whole 38ish days or so that you have the decorations, that's a long time, it's more than a month out of the year- and there are only 12, it's very worth it to do decorations. I love you-

Kristi M. said...

Thanks for posting comments on my blog. I always love reading those. I love the encouraging words from others. My mom is officially in Boise but it is going to take a few days to get things figured out. Today was pretty tiring with the trip and then the realization that she was in a new place. She broke down and it was pretty sad. This next week we should figure out how her therapy schedule, etc is going to go. So far we are really pleased with Elks. Time will tell.