Friday, January 15, 2010

Way Behind

We had Jake, Lyndsey, Ruby and Miles over last weekend. It was fast but fun. Since they were only one day really (two nights) we did things from morning till late. I made pancakes with Ruby first thing in the morning. Lyndsey told me she has been looking forward to that for some time. She had told everyone that she was going to her grandmas and we were going to make PANCAKES!!! That was so funny to me. I knew she liked pancakes and that she liked to make them with me, but I didn't realize it was that big of a deal to her.

Then we started to get things ready for a tea party. By the time we got everything ready it was close to lunch time, so we had a lunch/dessert tea party. Lyndsey and Miles joined us. Miles didn't last as long as the rest of us, but way longer than I thought he would. I bought these cute top hats for the boys, but I didn't know where they were since our move. So he wore my red hat.Miles is a kick in the pants. He loves being funny. He is quite advanced in the humor area for his age in my opinion. He saw this pic of him that everyone loves where he is laughing, and later in the day when I was getting ready to take pictures of him, he tried really hard to make that face. He loves to fake laugh, it's pretty funny.

Then we went to the aquarium. Needless to say I was exhausted. BUT we needed to eat and it is our ritual to feed people fish, so that meant I had to fix dinner. Jake offered to help, but he looked tired. Sunday we went to church and they went home, I crashed after church.

We didn't go outside because it has been non-stop rain!!!! I love and appreciate the rain. BUT one of the things I love about the coast is because of the wind, we usually get some sun on a regular basis, but no such luck, it has been one storm after the next.

I think everyone knows by now, but I have been called to be the Education counselor. I am so grateful. I was starting to hide in my house and just watch TV instead of finishing the unpacking. Since it was Christmas when they called me and the Pres. is in a play right now. So between those two things it has been a gradual assigning of things. I am so grateful, my mind is still fuzzy at times. When I was set apart the Bishop said something very interesting. He said that the Lord would cause small miracles so that I could fulfill my family commitments, and then I was to share those small miracles with my family. Sooooo I need to be paying attention, not procrastinate blogging and share those things.

I have gone and worked in my greenhouse one day. My goal is to go after weight watchers every week. I think it will work.

Right now instead of New Years goals I can only think about getting off the 14 pounds I have gained over the last 8 months, and unpacking the rest of my house. I lost 2.2lbs last week and am hopeful about this week.

I made some yummy brownies that were made with half Kamut and some applesauce in place of some of the butter. Steve never knew! They turned out to be 5 points for a 3x3 piece. They had lots of nuts in them, so if they didn't they would be even less.

I finally set up my tea party stuff, it looks so cool. I am going to put some pics of the kids at tea parties with me in black and white or sepia tone (Jake's idea). I am really excited about that. I am excited to get some pics up. That will come later this week. I have loved our bathroom. It is the first time since we have been married that we actually have a place for everything, nothing is on the counters! Yea!! The bathroom always looks so clean. It's amazing how easy it is to put things away when there is actually a place to put it!

24 starts tonight. I am excited. I hope it is good this year. I liked it last year, but it was a little to political in the annoying way last year. Keiffer Sutherland is involved in the producing now, and so in comes the liberal stuff.

I can't wait for Lost. It will be when I am at Lizzie's for the baby. I will probably have to wait until I get home to watch it. We'll see. I am usually too tired to do anything but take care of the kids and Lizzie. If there is free time I am unusually sleeping.

Well, I have babbled on long enough. Love and miss you all!!!

7 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I LOVE the teasets!!!!!! I love how they are all different plates and cups- LOVE IT! And I love how you arranged it. Can't wait for the tea party pics. We should do a serious one too like the olden days. That's cool you went to your greenhouse- I hope you keep it up. You'll loose the 14 pounds- you've already lost 2, and you'll just keep doing it. I'd really like to come over and help you get some things done- I don't know how much I can do right now- I'll probably have to take breaks- but if I'm excited about something- I can muster up energy i didn't know I had! I HATE that we're not watchign 24 when we could be. Turns out we could have watched the last seasons 24 since MAY! I was so angry when i found out- I must have typed up this seasons release date because it said it was in January, must have been the actual season on tv they were talking about. We could have caught up and watched it on tv...uhhh. I'm still tempted to get a cheap set on amazon for 20 bucks and catch up and watch the rest at yoru house- and then watch it on tv. love you-

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I loved talking to you today, I don't think I found out if you had something on your mind or if you just called? I love the tea sets arrangement, it looks so great! I think Amy is right, I think we should have a serious one like the one we had on Janus street. Send out invites and all. It would be so fun. Maybe when some of the girls are visiting we can. I think Miles IS FUNNY, and he is CUTE, so that makes it better. He has to have some great talents too, so he can keep up with Ruby, as she is a class act. I love them both soooo much and I will be happy when I am well and they can come this summer. Hugs and Kisses mom

Our Pratt Pack said...

The Tea Party stuff is too cute. What a great idea, my girls would flip, I'll have to pass along the idea to my Mom!

Danielle said...

Loved this post! Tea party stuff looks great in the hutch! I love pics of when you had a tea party with everyone- I think it's a GREAT idea to get some pics to put around there...I am SO excited for LOST too! I don't really know what an education counselor does...you'll have to tell me about that sometime.Oh yeah- and that is awesome about the brownies! When I start making treats again, I'll have to do that:) LOVE YOU! Miss you!

Lizzie said...

It looks so fun and tiring to have spend time with the grandkids. They are so cute.

We were kind of disappointed at 24 last night. Were you guys??

Rebecca said...

I showed the kids your tea set display and they loved it. I've promised them we'll visit this summer. They are so excited. Ruby is so pretty and Miles is so adorable in that hat. Love the new princess tablecloth. Love you.

Not quite the Bradys said...

Your tea party stuff looks beautiful!- especially the way you've arranged it. You are the cutest Grandma in the whole entire world. :)