Monday, February 15, 2010

Baby Elle, and Cars

One of the things I love to do with my grandkids is cook. Williams Sonoma has made plenty of money on me since I became a grandma. I have cup cake pans, miniature petifours, a trackter cake pan, barn waffle iron and lots of cookie cutters, and pancake molds. Tanner I learned to my sadness doesn't like to actually help make the cup cakes, he just wants to decorate them. In some ways its less stressful , but I do like the whole process. It was so fun to decorate them. I was walking around the grocery store and found these cookies that looked just like tires. Then as I was going through the store I thought about fruit snacks and then thought how fun it would be to use them as people. It was a BIG hit. Anyway, here are the cupcake cars.

8 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

I'm glad you had such a good time at Lizzie's. It sounds like the kids had a lot of fun with you.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Now I get it. I didn't understnad before the whole fruit snack thing- how clever and fun- their favorite characters are riding the cars! I can't wait for our kids to do that with you! I love you! Mike is laughing at me right now- (since we don't have kids yet :)

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love the cars and you do such a great job being a grandma, Little baby Elle is sooooo cute! Love you and miss you mom

Danielle said...

So cute. I bet they had SO much fun doing that. William Sanoma HAS made a lot of money on you:) Which is just great! That is really cool what you learned about freezing bread dough and stuff. I'll have to try that. I miss you and love you!!!

Not quite the Bradys said...

I think I say this every time- but you are the cutest grandma on the planet. AND- the CUTEST grandma on the planet. :) I opened your blog and there was your face. I thought, "Wow. She is SO beautiful." :) And then I scrolled down and thought that Elle was beautiful too. But she didn't outshine you. Must be the light of Christ in your countenance. I love you. Have a lovely visit.

Courtenay Beth said...

You are such a fun Grandma!!! how FUN!!!

Penny Cluff said...

Sharon, how adorable! The baby, the kids, the cars, and you.
Love.

Rebecca said...

Thank you so much for being the fabulous mom that you are. Taking care of Lizzie and her family for 2 weeks, wow. And thank you Dad for letting you go. I brag to my friends all the time about you coming to help with the babies. By the way, Jason has read your blog, really likes the pictures, is impressed you take so much time to post so many pictures and thinks you are very beautiful. He says now he knows where I get it from. : ) I love you and miss you.