Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!

Well, I have been meaning to blog for so long now. I have been home since the 16th of February. I had a great time at Lizzie's even though I got almost no sleep and was running most of the time. I played more games than I can count of "Go Fish" and Chutes and Ladders. We only played candyland a few times. We baked, chased each other, read books, walked to the store, and I am sure things I forgot. Elle was a dream, I hope she still is good for Lizzie.

I know I couldn't have done any of those things if I hadn't been in good shape. I am grateful a gillion years ago in high school that I ran "Cross Country" and became a believer in exercise. I am also grateful to the woman in Wyoming that gave me my first Nutrition book, and that we were poor students when we got married, so that I made everything from scratch. By the time we could afford boxed food, I was converted to scratch cooking. I am grateful for the Public Library, one of the good things our government spends money on. I started going to the library when Rebecca was a baby. I would put her in the stroller and off we would go for about two miles and I started on my road to craving knowledge. I have learned more things from the library than I can count. It was in Wyoming that I got my first gardening book from the library. Boy did that start something way bigger than I would have imagined back then! Anyway, all those things have contributed to my health, I am soooo grateful!

I came home and crashed.

Amy and Mike came out the following Monday and we had the joy of having them out here for a week. Amy and I mostly vegged for the first few days, and then she couldn't stand looking at my DVD's and we organized those. I am sooo grateful for that. Then I asked her to help me decorate my living room. It was so funny, you know those shows where they go around the house and grab things from other rooms and not "spend any money" and make a cool new decor? Well, that is what we did and voilahere are some close ups, the glass hurricanes have some of my shells I have found on the beach as well as some I have purchased. It was great fun! Then we moved on to start painting my family picture frames red! They look so cool with the pics, way cuter than we even imagined. But they aren't all here (I still need to order some). So sad to say can't blog those yet. Then I have been collecting sand dollars for years, I have always wanted to find a way to display them. I had these frames I bought years ago, (the TV show thing again :-) ) and they were laying on the floor and Amy said why don't we mount the sand dollars in those. The cool thing also is that the cardboard thing that holds the pics in turned out to be a great background, so we didn''t have to do anything but Velcro them on, that's right we Velcroed them with sticky Velcro. Cool huh? Some close-ups.
They hang in the living room by a wall just to the right of the fireplace. By the time we were done with all that (two days worth of decorating) we were pretty done in and Amy and Mike had to leave. I couldn't have done it without Amy. I kept saying to Polly that I needed Amy and then I would start getting things on the walls. THANK YOU AMY!!!!!

Well, the day is getting on, I need to get some more things done. One last thing, any Lost watchers, I am digging it!!!

Love you all!

10 comments:

Our Pratt Pack said...

You and Amy did an AWESOME JOB! I love it all!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Thanks for your compliments mom, I can't wait for you to post the pictures! Everyone is going to flip out! love you! and missed you the second we left the drive way!!!!!

Megan and Greg said...

Mom the decor looks great! I can't wait to come see it all. I can't believe you were able to just work with what you had! And the shells look great! I would have never thought of that but it looks so cool and trendy!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love the sand dollars, and there is no place like HOME!! I miss you and would love to have you here again. We can't go over that way anymore, as I get depressed because you don't live there. It wasn't so bad when Amy lived there but now it is barren:-( I will get to the calender and decide when I can go to the Temple. Sharon Janelle Scales is dying of cancer. She had breast cancer about four years ago and it has returned and is in a lot of her organs. I am so glad Judy is okay. I think she is Jen's age isn't she. I am having lunch with Dorthy Scales tomorrow and looking forward to talking about old times. She still lives over in the same place. She has the name DORTHVADER for her e-mail. Doesn't that sound like her. Hugs and Kisses mom

Danielle said...

That all looks great! I'm so glad you found such an easy way to display those sand dollars! So cool! I LOVED lost this week. It was sooooo good. I love you!

Kristi M. said...

Love the sand dollars. Great way to display them. Cheap and easy is always the best. I want to visit so bad. With baby coming in july, it won't happen this year. Gunnar would love the beach.

Rebecca said...

Wow Mom. The house looks great and I really like the sand dollars. Amy is so cool, and so are you! Love you.

HeidiT said...

I LOVE the sand dollar display, such a great idea! And the mantle looks great too!

CindyV said...

Cute decorating ideas -- everything looks great! And I agree that daughters are wonderful--Melissa has spent some time recently helping us get more organized (of course, it's easier to get rid of somebody else's junk than your own!!).

Not quite the Bradys said...

LOVE the sand dollars. Very nice. And I love the decorating with stuff from around the house. I tried to call you recently and the number I have must be from the other house because it said it was disconnected. Please email your new number. I love you! :)

email:wheresmyalice@gmail