Sunday, January 16, 2011

So much to share!

I am so far behind, at times like this I just want to forget the past and move on from today, BUT that would be foolish. I use my blog to share and to document. Soooooo that means I need to catch up. For fun before I go back and catch up, Steve and I went out to eat the other night for Chinese, Steve's favorite. These were our fortunes, I had to share.
Christmas was wonderful. It was definitely different, but I still enjoyed it very much. I can never think of a time in my life when there hasn't been lots of people around at Christmas and always children. I think there might have been one Christmas when we lived in Wyoming that we stayed there by ourselves, but we had Rebecca and I think Jake, so children around. This year, because of our Reunion just one month before, our kids were either at their in-laws or just staying home. Steve didn't want to travel so we were home on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning all by ourselves. I was worried that I would be sad, but I wasn't , it was very pleasant. It was very quiet. I would love to say it was laid back, but we were expecting Rebecca, Steve, Amy and Mike that night for Christmas Dinner. Since Rebecca and Steve wouldn't get a Christmas Dinner unless I did one, I waited for them to come to have it. So that meant cooking all day. I was reminded of why I do Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve. By the time Christmas comes I am tired out! I just want to stay in my jammies and do nothing. But I was happy to have Rebecca and Steve so I just bucked up and did it.

It was so nice to get to know Steve better. We met him at the reunion, but it was pretty busy and chaotic there. Here it was quiet and low key. It was really nice. We are excited for them to be married. He will be a great addition to our family. They and Amy stayed until Tuesday and then left to go to their homes. Mike went home on Sunday. Then that very night Megan and Greg came with Greg's little brother Chris and his wife. It was nice and pleasant and fun to see the changes Scarlet has made. She is so happy and easy going and LOVES to smile. Megan got some great pics with Steve it is hard to choose so there will be several.Aren't those great! Megan got a few of me just before they left.Then they left and Jake's Family came the next night. It was like a revolving door. Ruby and Miles stayed with us New Years Eve and Jake, Lyndsey and their friends stayed at one of our beach houses. The next night they came and stayed with us. While Ruby and Miles were with us we did some fun things of course. We made cupcakes-Surprise! Ha! Ha! We made the dinosaurs. It was cool to use my new pearls and big sugar sprinkles, it made them look more like dinosaurs. Plus, I figured out an easier and better way to put the sugar on, it was less messy and faster!After that we sewed. It is great having One of my grand kids close enough to teach them to sew. Ruby is actually using the sewing machine and serger all by herself. Miles sat on my lap but I made the mistake of letting the sleeve of his shirt that he was wearing get in the blade of the serger. He saw the cut in his sleeve, it was less than a quarter of an inch, but he got scared and didn't want to sew anymore. I was sad, I hope he will try again. Aren't they cute in their matching clothes!
Then of course we had to make pancakes. Danielle gave me this cool thing from Williams Sonoma, it is for pancake batterfor some reason I never noticed it. It is so wonderful!!! I have all these cool pancake molds, but I had just about given up on them because it is so hard to pour the batter around and into all the little crevices. This makes it a breeze, plus you can draw designs.It was a great time. We always have so much fun. They left and then I thought I was going to breath, but it seemed like then I had to catch up on life and get the Christmas all put away. That of course took longer than I thought it would. I still have my lights up, but I turned them off. The weather has been horrendous so one of these days I'll get them put away. I have hung up a few more pics around the house. I have a few more to go. I hope to get the car back in the garage this week. I got it in there for about a week and then Steve started another remodeling project. But thankfully they are all done! So we can put the car in and enjoy the house until it's time to sell. Hope you are all well! Love you all!


5 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh my goodness I abotu died when I saw Ruby sewing and the pics of her and miles with matching fabric- soooooo cute! That is so awesome! I want my kids to learn how to sew from you! That would be such a fun memory. And wow- she is going to be a good seamstress if she keeps this up. I cannot believe how those dinosours looked like dinosours! The frosting and sprinkles really made them look like dinosaurs! They looked awesome! GUESS WHAT? I found some sprinkles in similar glass jars like the ones we bought, they are a little bit bigger- with sprinkles in them that are like Lizzie's. They are so cute- I about died when i saw them and almsot stocked up for mother's day, but figured you probably have enough sprinkles for now. What do you think? Those pics of dad and scarlet are sooooooo cute! OH MY GOSH they are to die for. So so cute. everything looked adn soudned great! love you!You have such amazing hair in those pics- yowsa!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Wonderful days and fun times, I am so glad you had so many children and so I have so many great grandchildren and great grandchildren and wonderful memories of it all. May our Heavenly Father continue to bless you with great health so you can continue to enjoy all of the great times. I love you so much you are a wonderful daughter. Scarlet seems to love men she really loved Poppi too, not that she didn't enjoy having me hold her. I loved her so much. Hugs

Megan and Greg said...

Holy cow that is a lot of people to have over! Thanks for letting us be apart of it! It was fun to be there, even though it was short! Those pancakes and muffins are COOL. Such cool things for kids.

Danielle said...

Ruby looks so stinkin cute at that sewing machine! And I love all the pics with scarlet. So precious. I'm so glad the pancake pen is working out! I love you so much- can't WAIT for you to come visit.

Aliese the Writer said...

That is so sad that Miles got scared. Hopefully he will want to sew again soon. Those dinasour cupcakes look really cool! I love you! :)