Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Babies Quilt

Next week my #8 grandchild, Lizzie's little Elle, will be one year old. I wanted to do something fun and special. I had this idea in my head that I had never seen, so there was no pattern. I couldn't find the kind of dolls I wanted so I remembered these cute fabric paper doll fabric with outfits. So this is what I came up with. I cut them out , sewed some muslin on the back and stuffed them so they would be soft. I felt like a little girl dressing the dolls before I put them together. I ironed the clothes on with stitch witchery type stuff, then sewed them together with muslin on the back. It was great fun. I was so excited when it was done. Steve absolutely loved them, he kept saying how cute they were! I was originally going to make pockets for them, then I thought it would be cuter making the pockets look like blankets. Well, I'm tired. Love you all!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh my heck! That is SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! So so cute! Such a great idea! Love you!!!!

Lizzie said...

was i not supposed to see this?? i saw the title and peeked anyway.

it's sooooo cute. i love it!!! I am so glad you made this. I love when you make things for my kids. it's better than anything else.

it is darling and the dolls are soooo soooo darling. perfect size and look so soft. perfect for tiny hands. it is beautiful.

i have a feeling that kate and tanner will \love it too!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love the dollies, sooo cute!!! What a wonderful idea. You are such a great grandma. The children are so blessed to have you. I think like Lizzie says they are perfect for tiny hands. I love you and I need to call you and we need to go to the Temple soon. We are enjoying the Netflicks another great idea of yours Much love

AMY AND MIKEY said...

well, I just called you on your real phone and cell- MOM- that is the cutest thing I think I have ever seen. Oh my gosh. I WANT ONE! Do you have more fabric? Where did you get the fabric? My children have to have on. And Lizzie's right- Tanner and Kate are going to love it too. Oh my gosh- that is the most darling little thing I've ever seen! And I love hwo you made teh pockets look like blankets-ahhhhhhh I love it!

Aliese the Writer said...

Those are so cute! That is such a great idea. I can just imagine Elle shrieking and clapping her hands like she does when she gets excited. I love it! :)

Megan and Greg said...

Sooooooooo cute. I love it.

HeidiT said...

That is so adorable! I bet she will love it.

*Stephanie Lance* said...

What a CUTE Idea!!! Those dolls are SO cute!! I love it!! And that little Elle is so adorable!!!

Cannon's said...

What a darling idea. I love it! you are one talented lady. It turned out so stinkin cute!