Friday, January 7, 2011

Hobbies

I know I should be blogging Christmas first, but this couldn't wait! Wednesday I went to sleep feeling very overwhelmed and uptight, crying myself to sleep kind of thing. I woke up not feeling much different, even after reading my scriptures. Keep in mind I have been reading and pondering my scriptures on a regular basis. I couldn't understand why I was such a mess. Thursday was Weight Watchers which usually cheers me up, but I was stressed about that also. I did my meeting and it was fine. Then for the first time in about a month or more, I went to my greenhouse, plugged in my music, and started cleaning up beds and weeds coming up through the bricks on the floor. It took me about 2 hours. I was exhausted, but invigorated! I was happy to the point of almost giggling. Life seemed doable for the first time in a long time. I didn't feel overwhelmed or the tiniest bit sad. I felt like I had so much emotional and mental energy. It was great! I woke up this morning feeling the same way. The moral of the story? BALANCE!!! I have been running around working myself to the bone. I got sicker than I had been in a long time. No matter how hard I tried, life was not fun. It is important to do things you enjoy, if you don't you will burn out. How can you be a good servant to the Lord, your family or anyone if you are burned out?

Now for the exciting crazy part those veggies you see up there are from my greenhouse! They are the last of the summer crop. I have other things growing still, but they are more cool crop things. The peppers taste soooo sweet and delicious. The tomatoes are okay. When we live back down there, I might just see if I can lengthen out the season by protecting them more. Well, love you all!!!!

6 comments:

Aliese the Writer said...

Wow, that story is inspiring. I am really glad that you are feeling better and that you got to work in your greenhouse.

Those veggies look really good. I can't wait to have my own garden in pots. I'm really excited. I love you! :)

AMY AND MIKEY said...

cool!!!!!! the description of your peppers made my mouth water. love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Wonderful post and you are right, balance is everything. You cannot survive unless you have it in your life. I need to get back to sewing and painting, so I can have fun. The tomatoes look great and the peppers are yummo looking. Love you

Danielle said...

I stinking loooove that you get fresh veggies in the dead of winter! I'm excited to eventually start a garden. Not sure if this year is the year yet, but maybe...probably next year. ha. I agree though... balance is key! Funny thing- I think I had been spending too much time on hobbies...and it was messing me up! I have started reading the ensign and scripts everyday and have felt more balanced. Life...seem to have to learn how to live it over and over again (wish it'd stick!) Love you SO MUCH.

Penny Cluff said...

I have been doing blog catch up. I left a post on your Christmas post, but it did not attach. One word about your last post on feeling down...one word menopause? Your vegies looked so good. I tried a winter garden and it snowed here for the first time in years. I wish I had your gift.

Lizzie said...

The LAST of your SUMMER CROP? Wow. It's January and you picked fresh tomatoes. Amazing. Love you so much.