Sunday, April 10, 2011

Being Sick, Fingernails, Conference,Ward and Branch Boundry Change, New Calling, Dates

Being Sick: I have decided I hate being sick. The only good thing about it is having no responsibility which kind of isn't true, but mostly is true. My throat is killing me. I hate swallowing, my glands are so big that I swear the opening to my throat is smaller and the muscles that I use to swallow hurt and I swear my ears hurt also. I know I am almost never sick so I shouldn't complain. One of my favorite things is you're supposed to get as much rest as possible, and I have a great husband who definitely supports me in that, BUT you are also supposed to drink as much water as possible so I get all nice and cozy and then I have to take the covers off, get off the couch or bed and go to the bathroom. I was listening to conference and one of the seventies said there were things to be learned from illness. So I am trying to figure that out today! Enough complaining!

For about 3 months now I have been growing my fingernails out. It has been great! One day I thought" I think I will stop biting my nails". They got longer then started breaking and were different lengths. When I was in the airport coming home from Missouri, I was exhausted and wanted to be pampered so I had a manicure and a pedicure. She made my nails all even. At first I was upset about it and then I decided I was glad because it only took about a week or so for them all to be the right length again. I keep them just a tiny bit above my finger and I keep them polished-key!! very important. I learned the secret to keeping polish on. 1 coat of Nail Envy, then two coats of color(mine has been red, a shock I know!) then a coat of Nail Envy. Then a coat of nail envy every morning when I read my scriptures. The color lasts a week that way, and I don't use gloves at the sink, just in the garden. One broke at Rebecca's, but that will happen. I would have taken a pic, but I still don't have a camera!
Conference... oh how I love conference. I watched the Sunday sessions at Rebecca's on the internet. Boy is that ever great, it was just like watching it on TV. Today since I couldn't go to church I watched the Saturday morning session on DVR, it was wonderful also. I just feel loved, filled and at peace when I watch conference. It makes me have more faith, hope and feel happy.

I think I have told all of you, but I haven't put it in the blog yet, the boundaries for the Branch and Newport ward were changed about 2 months ago. I finally got a new calling a couple of weeks ago. They sustained me this week, I am the first counselor in Primary! I am totally excited. I haven't worked in Primary since Lizzie was a 3 years old! I need to order the Friend magazine and today I am going to study my calling online. The church has so much out there now.
Dates!! My new discovery. I was at Rebeccas and she has been talking about dates for some time now but it didn't click with me. Then at Lizzie's she started telling me why Rebecca and her are so into dates. They are healthy and sweet! On weight watchers if they are fresh they are free because they are a fruit. They make this date, walnut cocoa thing that is to die for! Danielle you need to do this, it would be sooooo healthy for you two and not cheating in the nth degree. You can only eat a few because they are so rich. Rebecca doesn't' consider it a treat because it is so healthy for you. I agree!

Well it is another windy winter day, but I still love looking out the window at it. Love you all!!!

2 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Ok so what's this date thing? You left us hanging! I need something like this. I have been piggin' out on the chocolate chips like NEVER before. Nails, that's great! I only grew mine out for my wedding. It was the same, just suddenly a thought, "I'm going to grow out my nails." And then I think I bit them off on the way to my honeymoon. Sorry you're so sick. I am with you, being sick is the worst. I swear I react differently towards it because I'm NEVER sick- so when I am it simply just ticks me off. That really sounds horrible. I just had a sore throat, but it really wasn't that bad. Cool calling. That will be fun. I LOVE being in the Primary.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Rebecca made me this to die for date thing filled with gorgonzola cheese, wrapped in bacon- YOWSA DELICIOUS! Well, I still haven't watched conference, only the little we watched at rebecca,s and I slept through half of it, so i feel very strange about it. I think I'm just going to have to watch it by myself, because someone else won't watch it with me :) He has agreed to do the family home evening deal that you and dad do, so that's good- but I'd like to watch it all now, so it doesn't take a year to get throught he whole thing. alright- hope you're doing better. I finished the series of WIves and Daughters- I was really dissapointed that they never had a passionate kiss, all that lead up for nothing. love you