Monday, April 18, 2011

Favorite talk

One of my favorite talks in conference was this: http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/the-atonement-covers-all-pain?lang=eng We read it today for our Family Home/scripture study.
It moved me as much or more the second time. I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone.

It is different when you are together 24/7 and have no children at home. So we have family prayer and scripture study when I eat my breakfast. On Mondays we read a conference talk instead and I count that as Family Home Evening. We read 1 page a day in one of the Standard Works and as a result of that we have completed the Book of Mormon, the Pearl of Great Price, the Doctrine and Covenants, and now we are reading the New Testament. It's like the scriptures say "out of simple things proceedeth that which is great." I think half the reason we don't do certain things is because we make then too hard.

love you all!

4 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

that was the next on my list to watch- which by teh way- hehee- last night I just started watching them, adn mike joined me- I think the trick is to not "make them" and then they join you on their own! Uhhhhhhh learning...... :) love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I think that is a great plan, I love you and will be glad to see you when I return. Hugs

Aliese the Writer said...

It is weird how we make things that we need to do seem so hard. Whenever I think about posting I always think, "But if I just write about this it will be so short." Or if I haven't written in a while I think, "Oh, I'll have to catch up on so much!" When I really don't have to and I know that you guys don't care how long my posts are as long as I write them! I like it when you post about Conference and church magazines and stuff like that. It just settles my mood. I love you!

Courtenay Beth said...

Hey, off the topic of your post, but Danielle said you used some kind of velcro to put your family photo collage on your wall, what kind was it? I've been looking on the internet and can't seem to find what she was talking about, I don't want to put holes on the walls of our new house...please let me know :) THANKS! LOVE YOU!