Sunday, September 9, 2012

Visit to the Arnolds

Back in June, I went to Jake and Lyndsey's for a couple of days.  We went to the Japanese gardens in Portland by the zoo.  It was really beautiful.  I had never been there before.  It is amazing how old you can get, living in the same place basically all your life and never see something like that!




They had this fun thing where you could hunt for different things and get a bookmark if you found them all.  Ruby and Miles got one. :-)  Miles is all boy, I love it.  We built a house or structure out of these cool Styrofoam blocks.

                   Ruby is growing up, watching Music videos on the computer!
Jake has chickens and built his own coup.  He grew a patch of different greens for them that he grew for 6 weeks or so, and I guess the chickens ate it up in a few days. 
We also ate out at a fun organic restaurant.   All in all a great and fun trip!

4 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh my gosh seeing ruby at the computer watchign music videos.... TOO OLD!!!! STOP GROWING! These kids are growing up way too fast!!! How is this happening!!! Oh my gosh those pics are so cute- thanks for sharing mom. I love you!

Danielle said...

So fun! I've seen most of these on instagram but it was fun to see again. It's so true- there are so many beautiful things around Idaho that I have never seen! And Oregon for that matter. That is cool you were able to go with them. Love you!!!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I commented 2 times on Danielle's blog and both times it went to never land, so will try this one. We went to those gardens I think you were a baby at the time. So you wouldn't remember. I love those little ones. You are such a great grandma. Hugs Love you

Aliese the Writer said...

I can't believe I'm just seeing this now. The pictures look so beautiful. And the chickens look awesome! Love you!