Sunday, December 23, 2012

Nostalgic and Strange

  
Thirty-seven years, and almost 7 months ago I was married in the Idaho Falls temple in the above shoes.  For months and maybe years, I would go to the temple with my mom and Judy and look at my shoes and say, "I really should get myself some new temple slippers."  Part of me just never got around to it, and another side of me was having a hard time letting go.  Well, a few days ago Judy sent me a belated b-day present and guess what it was, you can see them, new temple slippers. 
  
 While they are very pretty, and much needed, I have to say it was hard throwing away my old shoes.  Amy rescued me in the nick of time.  Thankfully I had thrown them away in one of my many packing garbage's, so no food or gross stuff in it.  She said I should save them put them in a shadow box and hang them up in my sewing room.   I have to say that made me feel so much better about my new shoes, and I love the idea of keeping my old ones in a shadow box. Thank you Amy!!!!
The pic below is my life right now!
                     Even though I am totally excited, happy and giddy about moving, it is strange to take pics off of the walls, empty out my tea party stuff and see boxes everywhere.  We are going to take some down to the house this week and put them in our locked closet because we no longer need it for the rental.  It normally has cleaning suplies, extra pillows and etc. Now I am going to get a little head start and put our extra things that go in our bedroom and bathroom that we don't have to have right now.  I am excited to get rid of a few boxes. 
Well I hit pay dirt last night.  I was doing my last minute shopping at Freddies and asked them if they had any boxes, did they have boxes, YES!!! I was so excited.  I got a ton of banana boxes and some other kinds.  I don't know if that is all I will need, but its a good amount for now.  
My parents are coming tomorrow.  We have our big dinner for Christmas on Christmas Eve, so no packing most likely tomorrow.  Then maybe mom and I will pack some on Christmas, or just be lazy.  I don't know which right now.  Even though it is exhausting, it is stressful to know it needs to be done and I am staring at it!
Even though I might be talking to you all, have a
 VERY MERRY CHIRSTMAS!!!

4 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

i'm so glad you got my message! I was hoping that would be the case and that if you threw them away, they wouldn't be mixed with food, so you'd be able to take them out. So glad. I think you could do something really nice, like do a temple hankerchief in there, or pic of the temple with your shoes in there, and it would be extremely sweet and special. even though you're excited, I can understand how it would be strange to move, that's how I felt when we moved from our apartment in la mesa. i love you.

Megan and Greg said...

It's always weird to move and live in the empty house for awhile. I'm glad Amy told you to save them. I wouldn't have thought of the shadow box. Good idea. But I would have told you to just keep them and put them with old journals! Love you! Merry Christmas!

Carin said...

Yea Sharon!! And Merry, merry Christmas to you! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas day with your mom and dad. So very glad you rescued your temple slippers. Isn't it so very difficult to part with some things. We had a baby blanket that our 2nd always used that someone had given me when I was 14. It was thrashed. I threw it away and made him a new one when he was 8. Drew rescued it from the trash and put it in a box in the closet because it reminds him of when that son was little. He is 20 now! So funny the things we hold onto and the reasons. But I am glad you were able to make peace and display them in a way that has meaning and significance! Love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am so proud of Amy for thinking of that for you. It is wonderful when we can keep something that means a lot to us and that we have a hard time parting with. I had a really fun time with you. We went shopping for phones, looked at the Iphone, it is a lot more, but it is a lot easier to use, plus it doesn't need to be wiped clean every couple of months, which is the way of the others. They get buggy so they have to be cleaned. So long story short, I probably will spring for the Iphone but cry when I do. What you gave me will make a good dent in it, but it is still a lot of money. The bill will be 13.75 more each month. I missed seeing all of the santas this year and your beautiful tree. Ah well there is always next year. Love you Hugs