Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Too busy

One of the things I  told Steve years ago is that I will throw away necessary things before my grand kid stuff. So here are some my priorities.  The pic above is a new shelving unit I got from container heaven (the container store) It holds all my sprinkles in the bottom 3 drawers and the top drawer holds my decorating supplies.  This is on the floor of my pantry closet in the kitchen.                                              
 
Here is my cupboard in the laundry room, and these are all my cupcake molds, pancake molds and  a few other odds and ends                                                                            
              
 Also in the laundry room the top shelf is cookie cutters.  
 Instead of remolding my coat closet I finally decided with the urging of Steve to put a shelving unit under the stairs.  It holds all my Christmas dishes, thanksgiving stuff, my crystal dishes and paper products.  I made a box for the paper plates, know you will all get a charge out of that!                            
 Life has been crazy. I have been packing and now unpacking for a month and 4 days. It has been all the emotions,exhausting,stressful,tearful, and ecstatically happy. I have gotten the kitchen  organized and clean about 3 times, not because I didn't do it right  the firsts 2 times but because I would open up more boxes.  It has been easy and hard as far as where to put things. Some things went back where they were when we lived here before and others changed because I realized I didn't use some of my cupboards very productively before. Also I have added some dishes and finally put up some of the organizational things I had bought but not used. So it has been an adventure to say the least.  I have  pretty much finished the garage - that is always trickery.  Then there is the a difference that Jake and Lyndsey's  family are the only ones that live in this state and they don't have babies or toddlers anymore. So some of those things make more sense to go up in the attic. Sorry this is so boring.  It's just this has been my life for some time now!!
On the more exciting side Steve has walked on the beach several times now!!  He literally never walked on the beach when we lived at Surfland.  I have loved walking and watching the ocean here, it has always been my favorite view.

I got to go to the temple with my mom Friday. It was great!  I love to go to the temple and I love being with my mom!   We  went to container heaven while we were there!  I got some organization things there. They have the best stuff. I wish I could have stayed longer but I had so many places to go.  I also learned we will never go on Friday again!!! It took almost 3 hours to do one session. It normally takes us 1 1/2 hours.
The  thing that has been the hardest for me is  being so far behind the people stuff, birthdays and etc.
we went to Tanners baptism, had to order his present after I got there. I keep telling myself it is just one year. Next year will be better. I also feel like I am not really fulfilling my callings. I am hoping that after this week, I will be able to balance my life and the unpacking. By then it will just be the upstairs and that isn't as urgent. Nice to have done, but not urgent. Whereas, kitchens,our bedroom and bathroom and the garage are all necessary for a sane life.
I will post some other fun things that have happened in-between  another day.  Love you all!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

That all looks great! You have so much of that kind of stuff! But you do use it and its so fun. It's your thing. I'm so jealous of the beach! Love you!!!!!

Carin said...

How fun for you!! And I love the beach, especially if my husband chooses to walk on it with me :-) You and Steve look great! I am so glad you were able to go to the temple with your mother....that is one thing on my bucket list, to go with my mother....but we will see.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

looks and sounds great! did you get a granite counter put into the pantry closet? what is that granite shelf looking thing? love you

Megan and Greg said...

Give yourself a break! A time and season for everything. I've been so behind in everything- but my kid has been sick the last year. My life will be more put together this year. I am sure of it. And that's ok. You MOVED, that's a big deal. You have a lot of stuff to put away. You can't do EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME. But right now you have to finish moving and that's ok if life gets put on hold for a bit. LOVE YOU!!! BTW- I meant to call you. One of my friends just had a baby and her mom came out and they used up all her freezer meals and her mom is leaving her with nothing! And she told me she wanted to take a nap but her mom made her go walking and her baby is only 3 weeks old! I was never so glad you were my mom. Thanks for being the way you're supposed to be after havinga baby! Nobody else seems to get it!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love you and appreciate you so much. I had a wonderful time at the Temple also. Love spending time with you. I think it is great that you have all of that stuff to make things with and that you do it with them you are a great grandma. I have been going full speed lately, so slow down and don't worry, it will wait for you and it sounds like you already have a lot done. Huges