Sunday, February 17, 2013

Still not done! visit to California

If someone had told me it would take this long to unpack my house I would have said, "you don't know me!"  Well, I don't know me either!  I think moving two houses, and having to get one ready to be a rental and all that entails, advertising and buying stuff that you thought you had but doesn't work in this house...etc.  Anyway,  I am hoping to finish the downstairs this next week or two and then work my way upstairs.  The upstairs shouldn't take quite as long I hope! 

I want to start on Gracie's baptism dress the first part of March, so I hope I can get Steve to put up my sewing table next week or the latest the following.

We went to California to go to Tanner's baptism.  It was so much fun. We celebrated Kats b-day first. 

  
These glasses were a crackup




It was fast, but fun.  We went one day early so I could go with Kate and Lizze to Disneyland.  It was so great, I loved every minute of it.  First we went to "Princess breakfast"   
Lizzie told her to ask them questions and most of the princess were really sweet about it.  Kate was very concerned about their moms.  
 


 Picking out the hair style
 She picked out her crown, its in her hands
 Oh Meg, I bet you wish you could have done this!





 All done!


 She didn't want a princess dress because they were itchy.  I love the pic below, Lizzie was so sweet to make everything about Kate.  She wanted to see herself close up without everyone looking at her.
We then went to the animals and spent some time there.
 


 
She wanted to do Build a Bear.  It was cute to watch her and Lizzie.

The next day we gave Elle her b-day presents early. I made her a Minni mouse blanket out of fleece. and we bought her some figurines from Disneyland.


The last day we were there Tanner got baptized.  Rebecca's fam and Amys came it was fun to see everyone!  Marion made this Golden Plates cake, cool huh?

 All in All a great fast trip!

5 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Wow, great post! Sorry unpacking has been so overwhelming. I know I couldn't rest until we were unpacked. I kept saying I would stop, but never did. I would unpack until 1 or 2am, until it was all finished. I loved the disney pics! I'm so excited for our visit! I can't believe you haven't seen Brighton since he was born.

Carin said...

I LOVE Kate's hair!! I want to go to princess breakfast and the bippity boppity boo shop!!! I would even wear my princess dress..... :-)
So glad you had a ton of fun visiting your sweet grandbabies!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

great post mom. the pics are so cute. I love tha tkate loves animals so much. And she is so much like lizzie, doesn't like all the attention on her. she is such a sweetie. I just love her. thanks for posting love you.

Danielle said...

Those pics are so cute. I love the ones of Kate and Lizzie. So sweet! It's so nice you get to go down there so often! Even for quick trips! The house WILL get done...slow and steady wins the race! Love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am so happy you can go and do things with them. Kate is so cute, I just love the pictures of her and Lizzie. So sweet. Sorry you are having such a time of unpacking, wish I could do life like I used to be able to, and I'd just buzz over there and help for a few days and it would be fun and we'd get a lot done. Love you so much and I am sure you can get Steve to set up your sewing table. Just give him a few hugs and kisses and walla he'll do it I am sure. Love you