Sunday, February 24, 2013

Jakes Fam and other things

A couple of weeks ago I went to Jake and Lyndseys, to do some shopping and to visit.  I spent the night.  I got to play the card game Amy made for the first time.  The kids loved it!

  
This is the box and Amy put Maddie on top! :-)

Ruby did great, but it has been a while since Miles had played and we should have done a "learning" game first.  Miles got his feelings hurt because he had to give up Grandpa and Himself. It wasn't hard for him to give up everyone else, but when that happened all in one turn he quit. I feel so badly about it.  I am hoping we can get him to play again but help him the first time.

We went to Bobs and had lunch, that is always so wonderful. I babysat  for a while.Ruby is getting so old and beautiful!                 Handsome Miles!
Then we made cupcakes of course!




 Miles usually can't make it to the second, he has to dig in!

 Went to Ikea, grabbed some things too fast, am going to take back one, but we will set up the TV stand soon I hope.  Then I went home, stopped at TJ's and Costco on the way home.  
Been busy unpacking and cleaning.  We started moving in at the beginning of January and I hadn't vacuumed or cleaned a toilet.  So I spent some time yesterday doing those things. It felt good. I have the kitchen, Laundry room done.  It feels good.  I have my bedroom and bath, as done as it can until the new dresser arrives.  Steve started the sewing room, whahoo!!  He has to put the table top in through the window so that takes help and ladders which he didn't have.  It is coming together!  We had our first 2 renters this in our Newport home this last week.  It is good to get that over with.  We have several signs for the elevator. Steve had people try to figure out the elevator with instructions on the door. By the time he got done with his experiments with different people we had changed the signs about 4-5 times.  Fun huh?!
Life is good.  We had Stake Conference this weekend.  They are doing it over the internet at the branch building for us.  It is wonderful!  There are still some bugs to work out, we lost the sound and picture several times but got to hear most of it.  We had two general authorities and got a new stake pres.  It was very uplifting and made me think of the atonement a whole new way.  I love my Savior.
I love all of you!!!

3 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Thanks for putting up the pics! I never see them except on your blog. They are so old and Ruby IS so beautiful! I love the game! I'm glad you put up the cards. I wanted to see them. Sounds like your life is settling down/coming together. That's good. The elevator. I can imagine the confusion. Hope you've made the final sign :)

AMY AND MIKEY said...

such cute pics. so funny that miles didn't want to give up himself or dad. how funny. that's too bad he got his feelings hurt. great pics. glad you're getting unpacked. love you.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

That sounds like you had a lot of fun there. We need to go and see them, I think Ruby is getting to be a real beauty. I feel so sorry for little Miles, it is so hard when you don't understand something and don't like the rules. Maybe you could give him a copy of those pictures or something. I am missing you Love you I need to call you about Megs visit. Hugs