Thursday, June 19, 2008

Company and Fathers day

I can't believe it has been almost a week since I blogged. I worked more in my greenhouse. I planted a bunch of flowers in baskets. It is going to be so pretty when they grow. I can't wait. I need to do before and after pics. My cucumbers are up, one of my big squash plants, my beans and lots of carrots. I need to now do another row of beans and onions, and carrots. I am thinking I might grow my own garlic. Also I am going to grow shallots again. They lasted a loooongg time. I still have a few. I think it would be neat to have my own garlic.

This weekend we got to go to Greg's graduation. It is always fun to see them walk for me. We then went to Megan's and Greg's and porked out! There was way too much good stuff. We had a good time visiting with Greg's family and the Arnold's, Winegardners, and my parents.

Here's some cute pics of the grandkids:Then Amy and Mike came out Friday evening. Megan and Greg stayed with Greg's family at our beach house, it was open for some reason so we offered it for free. Then Meg and Greg came to spend the night on Sun and Mon also. So we had a houseful, it was great!!! Amy and Mike did lots of agate hunting, the rest of the time we were pretty lazy. That is until Amy got a wild hair to help me organize all the kids toys. We took all the toys out of the closet, put them in piles, figured out how to contain them, then went to FM and Walmart to find a piece of furniture to house them. After looooonnnngggg deliberation we found the perfect one. We only had to buy one basket and one container and the armoire. It was black and Amy and I decided we would paint it green and that way it would not be so "here I am" in black. Now the thing I haven't mentioned is that as you can imagine it is not the most high quality of furniture, we got it at walmart. Sooooo we went to the paint section and bought the spray paint for plastic, not noticing the fine print, most plastics. Came home and the next day excitedly we both went out and painted it. We let it cure for the full hour, and then when we touched it the paint rubbed right off!!!! Talk about disappointed. We then had to get out towels and rub all the paint off. Some of the green paint stayed on the fake grain, and in a few places like the mouldings the green is green, it doesn't come off. Well, actually it doesn't look that bad, so Mike put it together. I had to go to a meeting, so I left Amy and Mike to finish up. After Mike finished putting it together, Amy loaded it with toys. It looks great! I think they cleaned the Kitchen also and in general picked up. They are sooo sweet.The weather is beginning to make me think it's finally summer. I am afraid to believe it yet, but who knows. I am excited. Amy and I actually sat on the beach in beach chairs. We did have sweatshirts on, but I am very happy to do that if I can at least do that when the sun is out.

Well, I haven't done any housework to speak of since the company came, so I need to get busy.

Love you all!!!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

What a perfect toy storer! It looks great! How fun. I'm so evilly jealous that the girls get to spend so much time with you, and I am SO excited to come visit! I am sooooooo happy that I get to come for the reunion PLUS a WHOLE week at the beach! I am so lucky. And incase I didn't tell you- I checked it with work and all is well! YAY! The pictures are way cute- Miles is chubbing up! I love it! He looks like SUCH a happy baby. I can't wait to meet him. Well, I loved the post! I love you!!!

Rebecca said...

I loved the pictures. You really have cute grandkids. Love you.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

It looks great! I'm so glad you psted the cabinet- it is so awesome! You are going ot love it all being there. love you- we had a great time.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

`We did have fun didn't we? I love it that Miles is getting plumper and that Ruby can make him laugh out loud. What cute kids they have. I was looking forward to coming over but then today I took a nasty fall and hit my knee and right hip. A real bummer, we'll see what it feels like in the morning. I didn't break anything thank the good Lord I am sore all over though. I am glad that your garden is growing. I love you Mom

Megan and Greg said...

Wow, I can hardly believe. Voila! Just like that. It looks amazing! I LOVE the basket! So cute! And so well organized! I am so happy for you! What a success! What an ease it will be to get out and put away the toys! And you can just take one container out at a time. But! Where are all the movies and cds???? I LOVE YOU!!! I am happy for yoU! Hey, we're at Greg's parents right now. We are leaving in ten weeks, so I was thinking we should definitely come out next weekend?!? Get back to me.