Friday, June 6, 2008

Summer oh Summer where art thou?

Well, the weather here is getting downright annoying and depressing. I woke up this morning to the wind and pelting rain. for the last two days it has resembled the weather in Nov-Feb. For the second time in my life I have hated the rain. We had a summer like this when we were first married and had moved back to Oregon. I remember reassuring Steve that this wasn't normal. I wake up and if the sun is shining I wonder if I am being teased again or if this is for real. I am so ready to let go of the duldrums. Last Sunday was one of the teasers, and thankfully I went outside, laid on the beach, and sat on the deck. The next morning it was gorgeous still so I went on a walk. By noon I realized it was a fake-out! Oh well, hopefully it won't last forever. Although I have to say I do remember one year that rained all summer.

Menopause! Ugh! I am having an average of 1 hot flash an hour 24 hours a day. So on top of having my entire body have a light covering of sweat (or sometimes a heavy covering) every hour, I also get woken up all night long. Since last Saturday I have had a swollen gland in my throat and and a mild fever off and on. I have had more sickness this year than I have ever had in my life except when I was a teenager in high school. I have pondered this because I am eating better than I ever have, exercising and basically taking care of myself. I decided today that it is because I am not getting enough sleep. Since my lack of sleep is caused by menopause, I am not sure what I can do about it. For the first time in my life I am considering sleeping pills. I was saying my prayers the other day and I had a hot flash right in the middle of it and before I knew it it got so bad that I had to stop praying. It is very hard to focus, not only are you hot from head to toe, your heart is beating irregularly. Then of course there is the constant feeling of my emotions on a roller coaster. Well, anyway I know you have all heard one version or another about this I just had to complain one more time. I have thought there must be a purpose to all this sweating and crying. I decided it is to release all the toxins I have accumulated over my lifetime. Although Dairn says he wants to know what a toxin is so who knows. Well, girls and guys, this is what you get to look forward too!!!! I can see why women go on HRT, if they don't eat as healthy as I do and exercise their symtoms would be so out of control they would feel like they are going nuts. Enough of this!

Well, love you all!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh, Mother. I'm so sorry you have to go through all that! How sad. I am sure it will cease to exist soon! I love you!!!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Dear Sharon, Hopefully this will pass and you will get better. I am sooooo tired of wearing my sweaters in June and I wonder why in the middle of a day in June is it only 51 degrees???? I like you remember when we went water skiing in July and it was so cold I couldn't ski. What a bummer this summer is for sure. Cathy says that maybe it will get so warm soon we'll be looking for the cooler weather. I say bring it on. Leona called yesterday and said it was so hot there that it was a heat wave. Maybe Heavenly Father is letting the cold stay for you and women like you so you all will be comfortable between hot flashes. I love you Mom

AMY AND MIKEY said...

yowsa that sounds awful. that's what it was like when I was on effexor- drenched in sweat head to toe- impssible to sleep. I feel VERY VERY BAD FOR YOu. It is an awful thing- I couldn't imagine feeling that way in the day time- that would be awful, it's like what's the point of showering if you're just going to get all sweaty again. I love you-

Megan and Greg said...

I am totally with you on the weather! What the heck!?? I NEVER complain about the rain, and never mind it and it's not so much the rain for me as it is just so gloomy and cold! I think it is starting to depress me! I'm getting a glimpse of how weather does really depress people. I swear everyone has been gloomy at work (my clients) I think this is why.

As far as menopause. Man, I am so sorry! That just sounds miserable. Absolutely miserable! How long is this suppose to go on? And as far as the sick thing. EVERYONE is sick this year! I think it's just a random bad year. I got really sick twice and I never EVER get sick and everyone else I know seems to be sick every couple of months. Somethings up. Well, try to do things that make you happy!

Patty said...

Sharon I am also having the same problems and my doctor suggested an over the counter sleeping pill. It is called simply sleep by Tylenol. I take two and sleep alot better and I never have after affects the next day. They are not addicting. Have a great day. bye now.