Friday, July 18, 2008

Day 2

Well, I have to say by the end of the day yesterday I realized Steve has been right all these years that we have been alone, my time is my own! I do have a lot of responsibilities and they do take time, but I can choose when to do most of them and do them by myself if I want. I can go into my room and shut the door and block out the rest of the world if I want. I think I will realize that more now and be more grateful! It's amazing and mind blogging that I had 4 kids under the age of 5at one time. I think Heavenly Father blessed me with at least a half hour a day when they would all go to their room and I could have a little peace or a short nap.

Having said that Tanner and Kate are really good little kids and get a long really well. They are fun to watch. I finally had to give Tanner a time out yesterday, it wasn't fun. I don't like to discipline grandkids. But when you babysit you have to. Today we had one already, but it wasn't as bad as yesterday and he went happily. So moral of the story is what I knew as a mother, do time outs quickly and there will be less of them, don't wait until everything is out of control.

Tanner built this big tower with the cushions. The rest of the day and this morning I haven't been able to sit on the couch. Here they are!!!Hope you enjoyed these as much as I did! Love you all!

PS Tanner is packing for a trip to Disneyland. Which of course isn't happening right now.

2 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Those are so cute! You have to keep posting pics every day! I can't believe how long Kate's hair is! It is so long! Tanner is such a boy! Making that fort and climbing on it- always piling things, building. They are so so so cute! I am so jealous! But I can only imagine the exhaustion you are feeling! It's probably a good wake up call for you, like you said- to be grateful for everythign you have and the stage of life you are in. I love you.

Megan and Greg said...

Very cute. Thank you. I can't believe how big they are getting!