Sunday, July 20, 2008

day 3 and 4



Today we made some pitiful Martha Stewart cookies. I know shock! But they tasted good, just were hard as rock. One of the fun things to watch is Tanner and Kate play together. They talk to each other and really seem to understand each other, it is so cute. Tonight we went swimming, and Tanner was singing and singing, a song he was making up. Then Kate started singing also, it was so sweet. One of the wonderful things about going to church, I get centered again and am ready to be the person I should be.

Well, I am reminded how busy it is with toddlers and how wonderful church is. Even though by the end of sacrament meeting they were about to climb the walls, or was that me, anyway, it was still wonderful to take the sacrament and to think about my life and how it was going. Then they both went to nursery!!! It was the first time in 4 days that I didn't have one of the kids in the same room with me. Actually by last night I was finally getting the hang of it. I learned to really rest when they were resting, and even take a short nap. Then sneak my book in there and read while Tanner naps. At night I can sneak down for about 45 min and do some things. I get up right before 6:00am and exercise. I remembered why I used to get up before the kids to exercise or sew or read my scriptures. Then, this happens to me every time I babysit any of my grandkids, I finally remember it is okay if they watch too much TV, it is okay if I do something I want to do. For some reason, I think I have to be the entertainment committee full time! I didn't do that when I was a mom, and my kids turned out okay and love me.

Lizzie and Shad are coming home tomorrow about 6. I know as soon as I get on the plane on Tuesday, I will be missing the kids. But I will see them again 2 days later. I am so excited for the reunion. To see my whole family is something so rare and special. I feel so blessed!

Love you all!!!!

5 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

So cute!!!! Mom- I just got your emails- it's really too bad that I just got them- Had I gotten them earlier I coudl have gotten you tons of cool fabric and notions for dirt cheap but the sale is over now. ha. But- there will just be another sale again- that's how it always goes. So- I'll get the gift you were talking about and the fabric later when it's on sale again. love you- can't wait for the reunion!!!!!!

Danielle said...

Such cute pictures mom. I bet they are just having so much fun with you. I love you!!! I get to see you in like 3 days! Yay!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Great pictures and recap! What a fun time with your grandkids!!

So... I don't usually solicit people to view my blog, but you seriously have to check out my Girls Camp post! I think of you whenever I'm at Camp - and I totally missed your Opera style on Boom-Chicka-Boom this year. I'm so blessed you were my unit leader - was that really over 10 years ago?!? You taught me how to be a unit leader and I know I wouldn't have nearly the desire to come back and serve if it wasn't for you.
love ya!
Jenn (Toftdahl) Southworth

Rebecca said...

Great blogs mom. Loved all of the pictures. I'm shocked you haven't posted the reunion or anything about Twilight (Breaking Dawn). Think it's time to post again. I finally posted so go read it. Love you.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Mother it's time to blog!!!!