Saturday, July 5, 2008

Great last few days and busy week!

It has been an interesting crazy week. Monday I went to Lincoln City at 10:15 with Megan, it was interesting meeting a whole new group, with one of my daughters there. I am so much more casual and hyper with my own meeting. It's interesting how reserved I am when I don't know them well. Now that I have done all three meetings at least once, I have realized that the Lincoln city group isn't very close to one another. They sit all spread out, it makes a difference in the energy in the room. Then Meg and I went to lunch at Subway, then on to the Old Navy at the outlet mall. I have decided with the exception of jeans, Old Navy makes me feel overweight, so I don't know if I will shop there again. I will try the Eugene store once more and if it is the same there I will start making my own t-shirts or buy them on sale at the nicer stores.

Tuesday I had all these plans to do church work. I went out to the greenhouse just to water some plants outside and ended up working out there for about 3 or 4 hours. It looks really good. All I have left to do is put my fountain together and a little fine tuning and it will look the way I want! It is so awesome in there. I am excited to be at the point where I will mainly just plant! I haven't seen my little snakes lately. I assume they are still there, but who knows. Maybe they ate all the slugs and now there isn't enough to support 3 snakes.

Wed it was off to Newport then Alsea. The difference in the chemistry in those meetings compared to Lincoln city is like night and day. They are all so kind and like each other so much. I have sure knowledge now that I wouldn't like to work part time or more. One meeting a week is enough for me. I also will never consent to this many meetings for so many weeks in a row. It has literally taken 3 weeks out of my summer. I love Polly, but that is too much to ask. I have relearned though that when you serve someone you really love them more. I feel closer to Polly and she isn't' even here.

Thursday I did my own meeting, when I got home I had all these grand plans to get all packed for our trip the next day. I just couldn't make myself do it. I was tired and tired of not doing anything fun for days. Finally about 11:00 I made myself get up and pack. About 12:30 I finally got in bed, got up at 5;30 stared exercising and then finished the packing. We left about 8:00 and got to Josh's about 6:00pm. He got sealed today to his wife. It was very sweet. Josh had the sweetest look on his face. He was so serious. I think he was thinking about the long road there, and trying to keep himself from crying. He didn't succeed, he started tearing up when he looked at his wife, and when they brought their little baby in, he really started to lose it. It was so sweet and wonderful. We went out to a great restaurant and then came back to the motel. We are leaving tomorrow early. It will feel weird all week w/o church, but that happens sometimes.

Well, love you all!!!

4 comments:

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Sharon, You didn't say which Temple, was it I. Falls or Bosie? Oh well it really doesn't matter, I am glad you are back home safe and had a fun trip. It is wonderful when someone has to work so hard and finally makes it there. We are truly blessed to have so many of our family that are sealed in the temple. I thank Heavenly Father every day for that blessing, and yes for Jen's also and pray for the ones that are still wandering in the world. I know that I may not be here to attend, but I will know from the other side, when it finally happens, and I know it will someday. Abe is trying to get back and Greg and Megan are such a wonderful example to him and love him so much that maybe there will be hope for him. I pray. Love Mom

Lizzie said...

I didn't know Josh got sealed and that you went to Idaho. Wow! I feel like there's so much to catch up on with you. I'm glad I get to see you in 5 days!!!

Colby Heideman said...

I'm so glad that you went to teh sealing, I'm sure it made Josh feel very loved. And I'm so happy for him. You have been a busy bee. And now you're going to lizzie's in 5 days? holy cow! well, hope you're doing well- love you- Oh- and that's so cool about your green house! can't wait to see it. That's great that the snakes came- got rid of the slugs and maybe left. wonderful. love you.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

haha- that above comment is from me- I'm at the heidimans and didn't realize they were signed in. ha-