Thursday, August 21, 2008

After the visits, Tuna! Harvesting the Garden!!!

Everyone had just left and the Tuna came in! So the late nights started and I watched Lost while I put the tuna in the jars, while I sat in the garage and tended the canner, and when I was too exhausted to do anything else. I don't' know that I would recommend watching that much of Lost. I finally finished them off. It is a happy-sad thing. I am really glad because it is tense and dark, but like any addiction, I miss it. I can't stop thinking about it!!! It's a curse. Next January when it starts again it will be better to only be able to watch one episode a week!

Steve went out tuna fishing twice, so kept me busy! He's planning on going more! If he does as well as he hopes, there will be tuna for everyone!!! Lizzie you will have to drive out! The pic below is me getting ready to can the next one is a few days later.We had an unexpected visit from the people we did an exchange with last year. This is the wife with us.We had a very nice evening with them. They stayed for about 4 hours, we fed them halibut and some first pickings from the garden.

I have now harvested 4 meals of green beans, nummmmmyyy! some tomatoes, potatoes, cucumbers, carrots, green onions, and broccoli. It has been fun! Below is a potato that looked like Mickey!We made dolls for enrichment for the humanitarian aid, they are so cute. When we finish them if I can remember, I will take my camera so I can post them. I have been knitting again.

We went to Mikes graduation party at his parents, that was nice, they have a beautiful piece of land there. It was good to visit with them and get to know them better.

Last night we had one of those amazing dinners where everything came from the garden and the sea! It was nummy!We ordered some round labels that we could print on. Steve and I designed Tuna labels for the jars. Cute huh?!Megan and Greg came out again for a couple of nights, and then Greg's parents came to go tuna fishing with Steve. It was the first time they have been to our home. That night we had an unbelievable lightning and thunderstorm. It went on through the night and into the morning. Instead they went crabbing in the afternoon after the storm finally stopped. They got 30 crabs, rough life we live here!

All in all life is great! I have been struggling with my weight, I think it is because not enough rest. This weekend I was going to go to Jakes and decided I needed to stay home and catch up. It feels good. Well, love you all!!! I think I am caught up. Oh, if you haven't read the blog on the visit after the reunion, scroll down!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

yay! I loved this post! You are such a good wife for working so hard on that tuna. I know what you mean about lost...I keep wanting to just FINISH it, so that I'm not an addicted freak...and I can just watch them once a week. I love the labels! They are so cute! The potato is so funny- it really does look like mickey! I love you so much!!!!! Oh yeah- the cd's, I ripped them onto my computer when I was there so you can throw them away if you wish. Love you!

Megan and Greg said...

Cute stickers! I love them! It was a really good visit. I'm glad we came up. It was fun to have Pat and Randy there too. We love you both. We're sad to be leaving. Our visas should be arriving this week at your house- just a heads up. We'll be arriving sometime in the evening this wednesday! Since Amy's coming up we'll stay thru Monday morning. So that will be nice. We'll see you then! I might cancel my phone while we're at Pat and Randy's. But Greg's will be working still. See you Wednesday!

Megan and Greg said...

Cute stickers! I love them! It was a really good visit. I'm glad we came up. It was fun to have Pat and Randy there too. We love you both. We're sad to be leaving. Our visas should be arriving this week at your house- just a heads up. We'll be arriving sometime in the evening this wednesday! Since Amy's coming up we'll stay thru Monday morning. So that will be nice. We'll see you then! I might cancel my phone while we're at Pat and Randy's. But Greg's will be working still. See you Wednesday!

Megan and Greg said...

Hey Mom, we're in germany now! I love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

you need to take a picture of the bubba truck!