Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bubba Truck, and the last 2 weeks

Soooo much has happened since I last blogged, but first the latest exciting news in our family! As you can see Steve is standing in front of his new truck!!! His Forerunner, was starting to need new roters (part of the brakes) about every 2-4 months because he is towing his boat several times a week. Add that to the fact we have both wanted a pickup for quite sometime, but couldn't justify it. So this gave us a real excuse to buy one!!! We are both soooooo excited. It is a 2008 Toyota Tundra, made for towing. The men can look up all the stats on it if they want to know. It is the 4 door double cab, 5.7 liter motor. It has back seats that have as much room as the forerunner did that lift up. It has the 6 1/2 ft bed. It is cool!!! Steve calls it his Bubba truck. He says all he needs now is a gun rack and a shotgun in the back window! Right!Now starting a about a week and a half before all this. More tuna! Aaaahhhhhhhhggggggg!!! Steve promised me he wouldn't go for 2 weeks and that he would only keep 3. This is the latest batch, making the total 492 1/2 pints and 123 frozen bags!Next Megan,Greg and Amy came. It was really fun, we watched more Lost, ate cookies, and enjoyed each others company. We left on Sunday to go to Mindy Hollingsworth wedding. Here are some pics. Dad and his SibsLexie and BrentThe Bride and GroomHeidi, Brent, and ChristieGunner, Christies little boy, he fell down and didn't make it to the bride and groom he was embarrassedMindy and her Brother-in-law Jeff, Don is in Iraq.

Robin during the ceremonyMindy did a hula dance all by herself-gutsy!!Lauralee and her little EllaTim and Lauralee's Avery- Avery's best friend he will tell you is PapaYes I am really here!Christie, Jeff and GunnerHeidi and RenBrent and his beautiful fiance'All in all it was a great time. We were there just 1 day and two nights. We only got to see Ginny for about an hour. She had a family emergency, so she flew in at 11:30 pm the last night we were there.

On our way home we stopped at Jake's and Lyndsey's. Here are some pics of their fam, and house! Miles roomRuby's roomJake and Lyndsey's roomtheir bathroomtheir guest bathsome living room picsHallway-exciting I know!Kitchen and Dining roomthey painted all the walls, it is very beautiful!
Miles is standing!the famand our last time to see Megan and Greg for a long time!this one is great!
We got to see Megan and Greg for about 10 min. We stayed at Jake's for a couple of hours and then left :-( it was too fast! Then made the trek home. I am needless to say, tired. I want one week w/o going anywhere, no Tuna, and no guests. I love all the above, just need a break!

Well, I love you all, I have been thinking about how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family. I have wonderful parents, sibs, children, and grandchildren.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

What a GREAT POST! The truck is awesome, the wedding looked so fun! I'm so glad you took pictures of everyone because I haven't seen any of them for a very long time! Miles is sooo cute standing. Those are great pics of you and dad and meg and greg. Everyone looks great! I can't BELIEVE how much tuna you canned and freezed! You have food storage for the rest of your LIFE! Yowsa. Well, I love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca said...

Loved all of the pictures. Wow that's a big truck. If you ever drive it to Firth, you'll definitely fit in. Love you.

Rebecca said...

PS I can't wait to eat some of that fish. Love the labels.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Well I have been wondering about you and thought I would send an e-mail tonight, but first look at the blog. Good suprise!!! Great blog, and I love the tuna labels. Neat truck. I am so glad for Steve now he can really be a fisherman.Ha! Lots of canning, I can't believe almost 500 jars???? What will you do with so much? I miss you and we need to get to the Temple this month. Next month we'll have the Time Out. Maybe we can all go to the temple the day before. I think Cathy plans on going again. Some of us can stay at Deb's. I love you and Jake's house is neat. I bet they love it. We'll have to get up there to visit them soon. Love mom

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Mindy's dress was GORGEOUS. I loved it. Brent and Brett- are huge and old! So weird! Brents fiance and he make a gorgeous couple. I LOVE THE TRUCK!!!!!!!! It is so cool! I'm so glad he got a RED truck, so cool. Mike likes it too. thanks ffor posting jake's house- I wanted to see all of it, it looks nice. All that tuna mom, that is crazy but wonderful that you haev it all. love you.

Danielle said...

I think it's time for another reunion. We should just have one monthly!