Friday, November 14, 2008

Eco-friendly bags, and upcoming weekend

Well, a couple of months ago Amy made her cute grocery bags and bought some fabric for me to make some for myself. They have been haunting me every time I go to the store. Last weekend I went to Trader Joe's (the one Jake works at) and Jake was bagging my groceries. He said as he was bagging, "mom you really need to get some reusable bags". I said I knew and I had some fabric and just hadn't gotten around to it. Soooooo this has been my week to start working on projects that have been weighing on me and "draining me of energy" Rebecca will know where that one came from! I started with some shelves in the garage, then cleaning my sewing room. I then did some other things and finally my reusable bags. The pics below are showing the contrasting bottoms. I like them and am very excited to use them. I have to say I feel sorry for the people that have to bag the groceries though, they don't stand up, they droop. Oh well!This weekend I am going to a weight watcher convention, celebration, training meeting. The dress is evening wear/glitzy. I didn't really have anything like that, but one time when I went shopping with Lizzie and bought this sweater that had kind of an evening wear feel to it. I thought if I took the buttons off and put the Rhinestone buttons Darin and Rebecca bought me once in New York, it would look glitzy. You can't tell from the pics, but they look really cool. When I have the nylons and shoes I will take a pic with my outfit on. That left me with trying to figure out what to do for a skirt. I was going to just wear my rhinestones and heels and some slacks, until I talked to Polly and she said she was going to wear a dress. Uggghhh! Back upstairs to now make a skirt. I spent hours working on this skirt that in the end made me look 20lbs. heavier. I had this feeling deep down inside that it would but foolishly made it anyway. Well, needless to say I was very frustrated, went to bed, couldn't sleep, got up, cut the skirt up and made a new skirt out of the lining of the first skirt. I was a little insecure about it until Polly and Steve both thought it was really cool. So I am going to wear the skirt. Tomorrow on my way to Portland I am going to buy some new heels (mine are no kidding about 15 years old!) and some fun nylons.

Other than that life has been busy, but today I just crashed. I slept in, knitted, then went upstairs and finished my bags. Hope you all have a great weekend. Love you all!!!

3 comments:

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Good post. I like the bags, I have a couple of bags but I haven't used them for groceries. Just to carry stuff in. Love the top and glad to see you finally used the buttons. The skirt was beautiful. Do post the picture. Love mom

Danielle said...

LOVE the bags, LOVE the skirt! So cute! I hope you have fun! I love you!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

the skirt is so cute! that's funny about jake saying that to you about the bags. that's funny you are finally using those buttons, you've had those for a long time! the bags are really cute- you've gotten a lot done- good for you! love you.