Sunday, November 9, 2008

Irritating hormones and a mostly Good weekend

Well, I have a love/hate relationship with my hormones. I have felt on the verge of tears and ripping peoples heads off and craving sweets for 3 days now. Lately the hot flashes have come back in full force. I can't hate them because w/o them of course I would never have had the 6 beautiful children I have. Right now it seems like its payback for all the good things my hormones have given me!!! I wonder if I am getting ready to start my period or if this is just dramatic changes in my estrogen levels. Oh the joys of womanhood.

Now for the good stuff. Friday I started to clean my sewing room, it's not done, but it looks a lot better! Saturday we were up at the crack of dawn literally(5:30) so we could get to the temple by 9:30. We took some stuff back to Target, and then we went to Rory's wedding. I know you don't all know who that is, but most of you know Marva who used to exercise at my house, it is her son. Anyway, we were 2 of the 4 people he invited to the sealing. I felt really humbled. It was wonderful. I think Rory and I were the only ones that got teary eyed.

We then went to Jake's. The kids and Lyndsey were in Eugene. We took Jake to Olive Garden. It was really nice to visit with just him. We had a great time. Then we all went to Trader Joe's and I stocked up. I was down to the last 5 lbs of flour and low in other things. I bought 160.00 worth of food. That is quite a lot at TJ's. We then left Jake and went on down to bed bath and beyond to take something back and then on down the road to Costco. We then went to the reception in Newport. We stayed way longer than we thought we would, but I was really glad. They showed pictures of them after they got sealed and they were so cute. I wish you could have seen them Danielle. You would have been shocked and blown away!

After we got home I was unloading the car and decided I couldn't stand my baking shelves any longer and cleaned and organized them. About an hour or two later, I finally went back into the house and went to bed. I was up again at 6:30 today so I could get to Corvallis by 9:00am. We had a ward conf to attend. Gina our President couldn't be there so I had to fill in for her. We always meet with the ward pres after the meeting. I was shocked at how scared I was. The responsibility I felt was a surprise to me. I understood why Gina always talks about how much she appreciates us. I felt so grateful I had our secretary on one side of me and the other counselor on the other side of me. I was so surprised because I have been in leadership a few times in the past, but this was different. We have to do a little training, and I had to figure that out myself. Plus I do the little spiritual message from the stake primary in the closing exercises of Primary. Now that might not sound like a big deal, but I sing for part of my talk. Gina gave the talk for the first year we visited wards and this year it is my turn. I prayed for many months about what I should do when my year came and I felt I was supposed to sing. It always makes me very nervous, and I have to talk to myself and Heavenly Father a lot before I get up to do it. I talk for a couple of min about the Savior and that I love him, then tell them my favorite song is Jesus once was a little child, then I sing the verses and ask them to come in for the chorus. I sing it acapella and you can hear a pin drop in there. Every eye in the room is on me and it is totally quiet. Then they come in on the chorus and it is so spiritual and reverent. I close with a very short testimony of how much I love the Saviour and how much He loves us. The whole thing takes about 5 min or less literally. I noticed that when Gina gave hers, she would read from the Ensign and the kids were restless, so my goal was to make it short and sweet. Today I felt better about it than I ever had, and after I sat down, they were so reverent for the last 5 min. The spirit was incredibly strong. I had that feeling you have after you do something hard and incredibly spiritual-tired and shaky. Then I knew I was going to have to give my little message to the ward primary pres. and a casual PPI. I must have prayed almost non stop until I did those things. I felt strongly I had to talk about something I didn't want to. I wasn't going to and Heavenly Father made it very clear I was supposed to. So I prayed that the Holy Ghost would tell me what to say and He did! I was led what and how to say what I needed to say, not knowing ahead of time what I was going to say. It was a very spiritual experience. I was humbled and learned a lot about Gina today (my Pres.)

Then I drove home and talked with Steve, watched a River Runs through It, cried during it, and now here I am blogging. I need to go to bed. I have a project I want to do very badly tomorrow. I will share it with you if I get it done or almost done. I love you all!

4 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Everything sounds good, except for the hormones. Sorry. I know, men know nothing of pain. Well, I suppose they do, but sometimes it doesn't seem like it. We should talk. Greg has night classes Thurs, which would be your morning. Or maybe Tues, or tonight- whenever. Love yoU!

Danielle said...

Wow- busy busy. Your little message sounds like it was just what they needed! I miss you and love you!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

busy busy! love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love you so very much and am so proud of you and your work in the primary. Few people really understand that they are working with the most important people in the church. They are so special and our future. We need for them to feel the spirit as much as they can. It was so wonderful all of the years which were many that I worked in primary. One day Susan a little retarded girl ran up to me when I was her teacher, and said Sis. Cook I love you and am so glad you are my teacher. It was at that time when I realized how very important my calling was to work with his special spirits. I love every calling I had there and I know that Heavenly Father wants only the best for them and that is what they have in Sharon, May He always be by your side in all that you do and say. May his blessings be with your HORMONES. I hope it will soon be over for you. love mom