Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fun new dress and learning lesson!

I got this dress before I went to Lizzie's. I didn't have any tights or nylons to go with it so I couldn't wear it until today. I love it!!! I am getting used to my new makeup and am liking it a lot. I have boughten some "bare minerals" . I had buyers remorse right after I got it, but the more I played with it the more I like how it looks. I think it makes my eyes as Lizzie said, pop out.I spent part of today and yesterday at the hospital with a lady I visit teach. She is older and hasn't gone to the doctor in 10 years. They had to do surgery on her ankle and when they got in there she had a multitude of problems most likely could have been prevented. I am going to schedule a physical!!! Even though I feel healthy and look healthy I want to know I am healthy!! I don't want to be in a position like her and have my doctors have to stop a surgery get another surgeon to hurry and come fix a different problem, so they can fix the original problem. I even am going to (don't faint!!!) get a mammogram.

Well, I am tired. I have Jake, Ruby and Miles coming tomorrow. We are so excited! But I thought I would have time today and tommorrow to get ready. So I have to hussle my buns tommorrow and go to the hospital. The lady has no family within the state of Oregon.

I love you all!!!

8 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Mom, I'm really glad you're going in. I told you before the women stuff is so important. You never know when something could not be right. i'm really glad. Mammogram- ugh, that sounds painful. Have you ever had one of those? By the way I LOVE THE DRESS! So fashionable!!!!! Where it a lot!

Megan and Greg said...

Oh yeah and I like your makeup. The eyes DO pop out!

Chad and Jessica said...

You are sooooo beautiful! And I'm not just saying that to be nice, you really are....which explains why all your daughters are too. I LOVE that dress. What a find!

Danielle said...

LOVE THE DRESS! Oh I love it so much. You look GREAT in it! I love your makeup too- very beautiful. Also, I agree- you DO need to get checkups, especially womanhood ones. I love you so much! By the way- you completely freaked me out when you called and left a message saying, "Oh I'm at the hospital..." You could've started differently you know! Both Clay and I inhaled deep breaths and were horrified for about 2 whole seconds! That doesn't seem long- but it really wasn't fun! You are kind to be there for her though. I love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

What a beautiful dress and I love the make-up It makes you look wonderful. I have bare minerals, also just haven't really gotten into them. Not sure how far they go, if we have the eye stuff? I love you and I think dad and I will be there Wed and stay until Sat. If that works for you, how long are the kids staying? Love mom

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I am so glad you are going in for a physical and mammogram. You coudl have breast cancer and not even know it, it is so common, you have to do these things. You look gorgeous in that picture and the dress looks so good on you!!!!!!!! I think the makeup looks great, and yes your eyes do pop out.

Rebecca said...

I just caught up on all of your blogs. I'm glad the purpose of the weekend for WW was evident so soon. As you know, answers to trials do not always come so soon. It is so important not to judge. You are so right.

YOur clothes and makeup are beautiful. I hope I age as well and unnoticably as you. Love you.

PS I'll believe your promise to go to the doctor after you actually go. : )

Lizzie said...

I'm glad you're getting a mammogram. I've been wanting you to for years (but of course it's none of my business). I'm proud of you.

I LOVE your dress. You look amazing in it!