Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Great Day!

I just did a whole blog and instead of being normal it did a weird coding thing! Maybe I wasn't supposed to say what I did! Who knows. Well, thought I would share some of my greenhouse with you. Here is a before picture from 2 weeks and 4 days ago.This is today!Another angle, these are garlic plants.These are my baby plants that are under lights right now. I have tomatoes, lettuce, spinach and arugala. I know what Rebecca is thinking! She loves arugala.I went out to the greenhouse at about 1:00 and it was so hot I almost came back in the house. It was great! I am so glad. I planted some beans, peas, and radishes. I am going to plant some more seeds tonight or tomorrow. It is actually happening, the start of my year round gardening!

Well I don't know how many of you have been listening to me moan about my bread lately, but I have been very frustrated. I finally figured out it was the yeast. But along the way to finding that out, I was letting my bread raise too long because I wasn't used to my new yeast. It is amazing, I used to let the bread raise for 22 minutes, today I let it raise 15 min and voila look at this!Is that beautiful or what! I have also been reminded if it aint broke, don't fix it! I was so frustrated before I discoved my yeast was bad, that I started looking up things about bread and trying new things. Today I am taking my bread to a WW potluck and I wanted it to turn out right, so I did it my way, what a novel idea. Between my way and the new yeast it is the best bread I have made in a long time. Yea! Well, the yeast is worth finding and buying, if you can't find it I will post where I got it. Here 's the yeast. Great stuff! Well, I gotta go! Love you all, oh and today is Jakes b-day!

9 comments:

Kristi M. said...

I am so jealous. I would love to have a greenhouse and garden year round. When I took horticulture in high school, I loved growing all of those plants from seed. It just makes you feel good that you did it from the start.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

The bread looks delish!!! I think you will have wonderful veggies this year. I love you so much

Megan and Greg said...

That is some beautiful bread. I'm impressed, Mom. And the garden looks great. I'm jealous! Love yoU!

Danielle said...

Oh yum. I want a piece of that. That looks SO GOOD! Yummmmmmmmmmm. The garden looks great! The warmth sounds great...amazing really. I am excited to start my little garden infront of my house when the snow melts away! I love you!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Fun! The bread does look beautiful, and I can't wait to eat a salad from your garden. So garlic, as in the kind we press and use in oil to dip bread? If so- that is amazgin! Gotta go do my spanish presentation- love you!

Lizzie said...

I have heard you moan about your bread...and I moaned at your house when I used that yeast to make rolls. They had to raise 2 more hours than usual! I'm happy you got it all worked out.

Arnold Family said...

Sharon I enjoy reading your blog and seeing all the blessings in your life! Your greenhouse is terrific, fresh veggies from home are the best. We love you guys too . MJ

AMY AND MIKEY said...

mom you need to post the night gown- I keep checking and it's not up yet!!!!!!!

Aliese the Writer said...

Those plants look fascinating. You are lucky you can to garden already. It is still too cold here.
Congrats on the bread. I'm glad that you found better yeast. Patty (as you know-you were there!) puts a little applesauce in her bread to keep in the moisture. I think it is a good idea. Moist bread sounds good.
P.s. That bread looks SO good not to mention beautiful.