Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Gratitude!

I am so grateful today for so many things. I am grateful for Conference and that we have a copy of it in print in our home. I am so grateful that I have been called to teach the 4th Sunday so I can study and ponder one of those talks each month. I am so grateful we have been commanded to read our scriptures and pray. I am grateful for hard times that make the good times so sweet, and that take me to my knees and feel the Lords love for me even though he can't take away the trial at that moment. I am grateful to know I can ask my Heavenly Father for help and when I am ready to listen and learn He will teach me and not before.

I am grateful to have a family that is so blessed. Times are very hard for so many people right now, and I look at my family and we have been so greatly blessed. Everyone is employed or going to school right now. What an amazing blessing that is today. Everyone is in good health.

I have so many blessings, my needs and wants. I have a big huge greenhouse that is giving me wonderful healthy organic food, as much as I want if I put the effort out to grow it. In a world of hunger, I feel truly blessed.

I have a wonderful home that is beautiful, in an amazing location, and keeps me warm and dry. I am so grateful for that.

I have a wonderful husband that loves me and cares for me, more than I deserve at times! :-)

I have wonderful parents that love me so much and are quick to say so.

I have 6 wonderful children, each with wonderful spouses that care and love my children. I have 7 amazing, fun, and wonderful grandchildren.

I could go on and on.

The talk I read today was Joseph B. Wirthlins talk in the Nov.08 ensign on pg 26. It was so good, it made me laugh, cry, taught me and gave me comfort. What more can you ask for. I recommend it highly especially if you are feeling sad or frustrated.

Life is good! I love you all!!!

7 comments:

Kristi M. said...

They announced the talk that we will be studying next week which was The Ministry of Angels by Holland. What better timing for me! I quickly went home and read it. It is such an amazing talk. Can't wait to read the one that you mentioned. We love you guys!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Amen to all you have said and we are grateful to have a wonderful daughter and the son she married and gifted our lives with not to mention the family they have blessed us with. We love you all so very much.

Danielle said...

We ARE all blessed. Sometimes I think, why have I been whining about living in an old place? Or the old fashioned walls? And then I think, gosh- I am so blessed to have this place. So many people don't have anything. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I love you

Megan and Greg said...

I love you too!

Lizzie said...

I love you. I know what you mean about being grateful...especially today.

Aliese the Writer said...

I agree. We and everyone has a lot to be thankful for even those who don't have very much. Heavenly Father gives everyone blessings. Sometimes I just feel like I don't have anything or I feel guilty about something and feel like I don't deserve any blessings. I'm glad you feel the way that you do. I love you.