Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pres Monson, Visiting teaching and funny phone call

I was kind of down today, and it was raining with mighty wind and the water was hitting the bank soooo walking was out of the question. So I went upstairs to do the elliptical and decided to watch part of Conference. I watched Pres Monsons talk from Sunday Morning session. I was thinking as he was talking, "this is our Prophet, this is what the Lord wants us to hear today." I know that is obvious, but it hit me hard this morning. I was greatly moved by the talk and wonder if that was why the weather was the way it was, I needed the talk.

I was going to go Visiting Teaching today so I thought "I will download Pres Monson's talk and share that." We were going to an inactive lady that we had never met. We came to her house about the same time her son came home from school. We didn't know him of course, but he knew we were coming I think and kind of hid around the corner. We couldn't see the address so guessed where she lived. We pounded on the door twice and no answer. I had some home made bread that I wasn't going to leave on the porch if it wasn't the right house. We went back downstairs and walked further down looking for an address, there was the boy trying to hide but not acting like it. We asked him if he knew the woman we were going to visit and he said it was his mom. That is when I realized he was hiding. We asked if she was home and he said she should be. So we followed him up the stairs to the apt. we had tried and he went in while we stayed on the porch. He came back with this look on his face like he was trying to look like he was telling the truth and said he guessed his mom wasn't home after all. I left my loaf of bread and told him to tell her that we came by. I felt bad for the boy.

Anyway EVERYONE aught to read that article. It was so good, he talked about not being fearful and being of good cheer no matter what the situation. I am so grateful for a prophet and that Heavenly Father loves us so much that he gave us a prophet so we will always know what Heavenly Father wants us to do and know

On a lighter note, we always call Amy during the commercials of American Idol or she calls us. Tonight about half way through, the commercial came on, the phone rang and Steve answered saying, "Hey dude what did you think?" He said it was silent, so he said "What, didn't you like it?" Then a girl said she was calling about our beach house. We both busted out laughing and profusely apologized for our mistake. Needless to say we waited until caller ID showed us who was calling from then on.

Well, I love you all am so grateful for you all!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

That is HILARIOUS about Dad and the phone. hahahha. Love it. That's too bad about the woman you visit teach...but good that you left her bread. I bet she will soften up a bit more for next time because of that.

I am sending your mothers day present today, so be looking for it in the mail. I hope it comes on time...I think it will. Love you!!!

Megan and Greg said...

That is so funny about the phone. I'm glad you saw the talk and felt better. Have you ever thought of walking in the rain? Sometimes it's very nice. That was nice of you to make bread. I'm glad you were able to leave it there. Just let me know when you're done with Uglies. I actually finished it today. It was great! Can't wait to talk about it!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I think the phone call was soooo funny and that is pretty crazy for Steve. He usually answers the phone so seriously I can't imagine it. I think we had someone very much like your sister in Spfld when we were in the Pres. That is the way we finally got in, by taking food and leaving it with her at the door. I loved the talk on Sun by Pres. Munson. I love you

Lizzie said...

The phone call...so hilarious. I can't imagine!!! It's so funny that it was DAD that did it and not you! Did you guys explain that you were watching American Idol? Dad probably sounded like a punk. So funny.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!