Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Temple Workers!


Well, today we had an interview with one of the Temple Pres. members. He called us to be Temple workers! We are excited. Pres. Child (the Temple Pres. Counselor) was really funny. I don't know that he was trying to be but he was. Steve asked him if he was a salesman before he started working in the Temple. He laughed and said he was never a car salesman. He first told us that they liked people to serve once a week , then he said considering where we lived they could allow us to work 2 to 3 times a month. It was funny because then he started trying to convince us that we would really like to come every week. It was pretty funny to be me and watch Steve and him talk about it. Steve had lots of questions first and then said we would like to serve on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month. Pres. Child said with a great big grin on his face that would be great and that after we had served a while we would change it to once a week.

Steve will help with the one Spanish speaking session they have on Saturday, and the rest of the time if he is needed for Spanish they will use him, otherwise he will be like me and work all over the Temple. When you are set apart as an Ordinence worker you can do everything but sealings. They rotate you around all day doing different things. First they will train us and when we pass everything off we will be let loose.

Don't you love those shoes!!! Steve tried to remind me that we would be working all day, and I told him that they fit better than the others, and they were just too cute to pass up!! I am going to make my own dress. We get half price for our clothes, but I couldn't find a dress that I liked that fit comfortably.

Well, love you all!!!!

8 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

yes those shoes are so cute! So when you went to the temple, did you know what it was for? Like were you called at church first? and accepted it at the temple? Anyway- that's cool you're going to make your dress, I'd like to make a dress becaues mine is polyester, and it makes me sweat and stink, I need to make something cotton. I'm so exxcited! love you!

Lizzie said...

I'm so happy for you guys. I can't imagine how much happier you will both be. You'd just have to be going to the temple that often. Are you going to be released from your other callings??

Emily said...

Wow that is such a cool calling and perfect for both of you! I can totally picture you working there!

Those shoes ARE cute!

Danielle said...

Awesome! Your lives will be so happy being there so often. I like how the counselor acted like it was up to you how often you worked, but eventually admitted you guys will have to go once a week eventually. Cute shoes. I love that you put those. That's the mark of a temple worker- their white shoes! Love you!

HeidiT said...

Love the shoes! What a great calling -- how far is the temole from your house?

HeidiT said...

Love the shoes! What a great calling -- how far is the temple from your house?

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Well I am happy for you and you will be happy to serve there. It is by far the best calling I ever had. I truly loved it and your dad still does. He is way excited for you guys. Very cute shoes and what fun that you can have cute shoes to Work for the Lord!!! You will need comforable feet. because the steps are many, and the days are long. iT IS A LONG DRIVE AND THAT WILL TIRE YOU MORE THAN THE WORK, SO STOP ONCE IN AWHILE ALONG THE WAY AND RUN AROUND THE VAN A FEW TIMES. I love you both and congrats. mom

Megan and Greg said...

Ha ha! I bet you're relieved this means you can't go on a mission for awhile! But you know that's your next calling . . .

Sounds cool. It will be great for you both. That IS a lot of driving. But you guys are "retired" so you can sacrifice your saturdays. At first I was like, "Wow, that is such a sacrifice! Saturday is all we get!" But you guys can take time off during the week instead. Sounds cool, I'm sure you'll love it.