Monday, May 4, 2009

Clean Sweep segment 1 and odds and ends

Well, I was going to post some pics of my greenhouse, but at the moment it is raining and the wind is gusting up to 60 mph! Crazy for this time of year. This morning it was dark and cloudy, but it was very serene and beautiful. I wore my sweatshirt the whole time, but it wasn't very cold. I am grateful for the beach. I am so glad I was reminded of walking when I was at Megs, and that I bought a pedometer. I have really enjoyed walking on the beach.

5 years and 8 months ago we moved to the coast. All of the stuff out of our 3 bathrooms got put in a very large box. When we moved here it got left in the garage and I would go out and get things as I needed them. Well, about two years later I cleaned the garage and ended up putting some of the stuff in paper bags and stuffing some of it under the cupboards and in the drawers. Both times we did an exchange I would take all the junk and put them in bags in the garage, because the bathrooms were so embarrassing. Well, those bags ended up in my closet when I cleaned the garage out this last year. I finally couldn't stand them any longer, or the cupboards. A few years back there was a show called clean sweep that I loved. I would watch it every chance I got. The clean sweep people would come and help people throw away, give away and put away their "precious belongings. So I thought I will play clean sweep with my bathrooms. Well... it is a lot harder to decide if you need something when you are by yourself. I got down to a point where after 3 days of looking at some stuff that I didn't know what to do with I finally loaded it up and put it in a basket for another day. I realized that after the people finished going through all their stuff, they would go to a nice hotel while the clean sweep team put away and organized all their stuff. I on the other hand had to sleep in my messy room. Oh well, I got most of it is done.

So I will post some of my bathroom cupboards. I was going to wait until I was done, but what the hay, why not some now. My bathroomHalf Bath
Upstairs drawer
Under Steve's sink in our bathroom
Upstairs bath
A long time ago, I bought this jewlery box and put feminine things in it.

Last but not least, I cleaned out the computer armoire before I went to Megans.Well, hope you all enjoyed this!

6 comments:

Grandma, Nonnie said...

You are a great organizer. Every thing looks really good. Come and do mine while I visit Lizzie. Just kidding. Love you

Our Pratt Pack said...

Nice Work, I love your little toilet box I might have to steal that idea!

Megan and Greg said...

Wow, the computer section looks great. If want my own personal opinion- DON'T ADD THINGS TO CUPBOARDS unless it's necessary! The more you add the more things get erased and unused (because you can't see them) and slowly but surely, more gets in and then you have the big mess again. Things were meant to have their space and not get crammed.

Danielle said...

Wow! Looks great! Looks exhausting as well. You did a great job. Everything looks so organized and so much cleaner. I love the before and after pics on all of them! I love you!

Lizzie said...

Wow. That must have taken forever to do and even longer to blog!! = ) Thanks for sharing. I bet you just stare at those cupboards now because it feels so good.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

cool mom, everything looks great! love you-