Sunday, May 24, 2009

Visit from the Arnolds!

Lyndsey needed some time out and time to do Art, so we got to have the remaining 3 Arnold's . Jake and Lyndsey stayed at the Newport Beach house for one night, then Lyndsey went home and Jake came down with us. The kids know us now so they were fine all by themselves here. Actually they are like all kids, better with us than their own parents. I don't know why that is, but it was true for my own kids with my parents.

We had a ball. We had our first tea party in the greenhouse! Yea my dream came true. We learned that I need to have traditional tea time, either at mid morning, or late afternoon. When the sun is high in the sky, it is toooooo bright in there. But we had a ball anyway.
Getting ready for the tea partyYes those are Ruby's toes and fingernails.
Then of course there's the baking
Ruby decorated these all by herself!I had to take a pic of one of these cookies close up, they were very detailed!Making the rest of the menu and putting it together!And the finished product, the party!
When we got done, Ruby said, "that was fun grandma, thank you". That's what makes a grandma's day! More to come!

5 comments:

Grandma, Nonnie said...

She is getting so big. I love the tea party in the greenhouse. What fun! I miss seeing them so much and hope they come this week-end. It will be so nice to see everyone. I love the pics love mom

Megan and Greg said...

Fun, fun. Great pics.

Lizzie said...

Those are the cutest pictures!! And those cookie ones look awesome! I love all of them. Isn't it fun to make your pictures big on your blog? I am jealous that Jake's kids get to live so close to you.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Her nails painted with a manicure is just a crack up! I'd love to see Lyndsy's reaction to her nails- SO funny. Love the pics- the tea party looked so sweet and so fun. Those cookies looked awesome! Such fun sprinkles, it make me want sugar cookies.

Penny Cluff said...

What I am drooling over, in your tea party pics, is the fabulous looking plant over your shoulder! Wow!
Penny