Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Julie and Julia and Disneyland

Saturday Steve and I saw Julie and Julia for the first time. It was sooooo wonderful!!! We loved it. Of course we love anything with Meryl Streep, but besides her it was a great and wonderful story, I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it. It is such a wonderful example how you can do anything if you set your mind to it. I want to go out and buy the cookbook even though I probably would never make anything from it because it would be way to fattening. But I would really like to cook like that. I always think I don't really like to cook, but that isn't true. I love food and love to cook it. I just don't like figuring out what to cook, and it is time to cook when I am at my lowest energy time of the day.

Disneyland at night! Cool huh! They had an icicle look for Christmas.

Well, as I already said the other day I went to Disneyland with Rebecca, Lizzie, Aliese, Anna, Tanner, Gracie, and Kate. It was great. For the first three days Lizzie and the kids under 4 were with us. It was great, we did all the great kids stuff and some of the big kid stuff. It was the perfect amount of time with the little kids, it is fun to see the world through there eyes. The last two days we got to do the "big girl" stuff. It was just Rebecca, Me, Aliese, and Anna. A whole different experience. I sat in the front of the log at splash mountain 2 times!!!!! A first for me, I felt very impowered. I bought the pics of it because you could see each one of us and it was hilarous to see the total fear on our faces, it was great! I rode all the scary rides except for the Tower of Terror. The girls weren't interested, it didn't hurt my feelings. We saw lots of characters, had breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen (it had everything!!!) Did just about everything I think. I ran to get the fast passes until the last day. My feet still hurt and I have been home a week now. But I was really happy at how well I weathered everything. If I hadn't been a firm believer in exercise before we moved and I went to Disneyland, I would really be a believer now. I kept up with everyone and actually had more energy than all of them. Considering I am 53, that makes me feel good about that part of my life. I am grateful for my health, I feel truly blessed. As I said I took 333 pics, so obviously I won't be able to post them all, so I will try to put some of my favorites as well as a taste of everything.
Gracie with Snow White! Can it get cuter than that!
Santa and Mrs. Claus were there how lucky was that! Mrs Clause was a riot. Santa walked past her after his break and she asked how many cookies he had. She had her hands on her hips and shook her head. It was very cute! Tanner was to shy to stand talk to her.Santa was really cute also, he just grabbed Tanner and so it was the first time that Tanner has sat on Santa's lap. He really took his time with each child.I thought this was a cute pic
One of the few times Kate and Tanner wanted to walk. Lucky me, I was there!

Alice's Tea cups, the only kids ride that borders on making me nauseous. I always debate whether I will do it, but I can't turn down my grandkids. Gracie and Rebecca went alone because Gracie didn't want to spin and neither did Rebecca. It is fun that we were all in most all the pics.Who knows what I was talking about, but I had to put it in! I think Rebecca looks like Joe Cool!
After the ride we ran into Alice and theTea Party guy. They were great! Alice was very proper and the tea party guy was hilarious, he acted just like the guy in the movie. After he got done signing Gracie's book he yelled GRRRAAAAAACIE! It was great!By far Gracies favorite ride is Dumbo, I think we all love it! I love how relaxed and happy Rebecca is on it!I love this pic of Rebecca, it is a classic look for her the whole time we are there! The pics on the merry go round were awesome! I loved them!There is a new princess movie coming out this week. We got to see her before it came out! She was so pretty and sweet, she has a southern drawl. Boy could she sing!Well,it is late so I will post more tomorrow! Love you all!

5 comments:

Lizzie said...

It was so fun to see all these and read what you wrote. Thank you. And thank you for coming! We couldn't have done it without you! I LOVE the pictures of you and Kate.

Danielle said...

So awesome! I LOVE the castle with the lights! SO PRETTY! You all look so happy! I'm so glad you all got to go! I love you and miss you! I'm so excited for next week!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

How is it that this post has been up since Friday and I haven't seen it until now! I check every day. LOVED the post- the pics are so adorable- love you-and yes- I made my hat

Penny Cluff said...

I loved Julie & Julia too. I went with all my girls. If you ever do a cookbook, you have to include your bread recipe and the chocolate mint cookies. You know the ones you used to get my brother addicted to the cookies and you? Disney Land pics are great. Love.

Not quite the Bradys said...

Love the cutie pie grandkid pictures. Love Rebecca's hair this length! Like Julie and Julia- I also wanted to buy the cookbook. All I could think about for like a week after that movie was that I wanted to try that Boeuff Bourginon. I finally went to Costco and took a picture of the recipe/instructions with my camera phone. Haven't made it yet because the instructions sounded like a LOT of work. :) Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun. Hi to Lizzie, love to Rebecca.

~Amy