Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Secrets and sick day without being sick

I have a habit of reading books my daughters like, movies they like, and TV shows they like. Some I have thought beneath me and so wouldn't begin to watch them. The first was Dirty Housewives as Steve calls it (desperate housewives) Amy watched it and liked it. I thought I would give it a try even though I swore I'd never watch it. I liked it, so much so I have watched all the episodes more than once. I was reminded, don't judge a book by its cover. A while back I was watching TV and flipping through channels. The Slutty Doctor show was on (Greys Anatomy) I thought, Danielle and Lizzie watch this, maybe I'll see what it's all about. I liked it, but still thought, this is beneath me. Time went on and I watched another episode (these were all old ones), I liked it. It happened again one day, finally I thought I would DVR them and watch them when I exercised or had nothing to do. Now I'm hooked, Steve will say, what are you watching, I'll say with a smile "the slutty doctor show", and he will smile. I now love it and can't wait till it comes on and I can watch it. It makes me feel warm and cozy, can that be bad? I decided I don't care!

Last night I had kind of a breakdown, and Steve said he would get all his own meals, answer the phone and do all the beach house business. It was like having a day in bed without being sick. It was great. All I did was get my own food, read a great book on Excuses, the scriptures, watch TV and sleep in until 10:00 am. It was great! I can't remember a day like this ever.

Love you all!

12 comments:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

I heart Grey's! And I have watched it from the beginning. I'm also pretty hooked on Private Practice - the spin-off with Addison. Luckily, Sean likes the "slutty doctor show" too, so we watch it together! :)

Megan and Greg said...

Oh man, I just deleted my comment. I love Greys Anatomy. I have gone in and out of watching it because it IS so slutty. Right now I'm watching it again, though. Our bid was accepted today! We close April 30th! Can you believe it? I'll post pics tomorrow after we sign in the morning. It was good talking to you yesterday. Love you.

Megan and Greg said...

Oh yeah, it's a different house than I told you about.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

haha- so funny. now you are tempting me to watch it, "if mom watches it then it must be ok" that's what I'm thinking now....... oh dear

AMY AND MIKEY said...

That is so sweet of dad-

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I used to watch Dallas and never missed it if WE could help it. I watched another slutty show which I forget the name of and it had Linda Evans and Joan Collins in it. Not as often as I watched D. Dad used to watch the one with Lorne Green all of the time and I watched Dr. Kildare, now that I think of it I watched those things a lot back then. You get out of the habit and you just quit doing it I think. Grandma Evelyn used to watch a lot of TV and she always watched the world series games without fail. She asked me if I watched the game a lot back then and I never did. I am glad you got to have a day like that I don't know what I would do if I didn't have to prepare a meal. Probably faint. Love you call me we need to set a day for the Temple. hugs mom

Not quite the Bradys said...

:O Shocking. ;)

Hooray for bejjing. (Veg-ing in bed)
Around here we call that a "mental health day". I think every girl needs one once in a while.

Love you all~

Danielle said...

MOM! I had NO IDEA you watched Grey's! How come you never told me!!! Oh man. I've finally just given up on giving it up. I totally know what you mean about it giving you the warm and fuzzies. You just grow to love the characters so much. Anyway- I love you...that's so nice of Dad and I'm glad you got a sick day!

Lizzie said...

I have a huge smile on my face. I am so glad you got a day to do nothing. I'm jealous. = ) I love D. Housewives. Shad and I can't wait to watch it every night. Then we go through withdrawls while we wait for our next netflix dvd. Love you so much!

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad you got a day off. You know me, I love days off and have taken many, especially when Darin has the girls. As far as the slutty shows, oh dear. If I watched stuff like that ... I would have even a harder time controlling my thoughts about Jason. Trust me on this one, Little House is about as racy as I can handle right now. Love you.

Not quite the Bradys said...

Rebecca, you crack me up. :D

Megan and Greg said...

I somehow missed your herb post. Great job Mom! The greenhouse looks great! When I saw the pics of the flowers I was all thrown because it wasn't the old beach house!!! I totally forgot!