Friday, March 19, 2010

Thoughts, New TV


I laid in bed last night and wrote the coolest blogs in my head, I couldn't sleep. Now I'm up and I don't remember them all.

First I decided the way to get people to read your blog is to put the word Secret in your title. I got more comments on that blog than any I have ever written. Pretty funny.

Big news we are now on the cutting edge of technology. We have a 55" HD LED LCD TV with Apps that can connect to our wireless Internet. It is very cool, we can download Netflix right on our TV w/o doing anything but clicking the buttons on our remote. I have to say it is the most amazing picture I have ever seen, and I have it hooked up as the least desirable way to hook it up.

Well, I had decided I couldn't keep watching 3 episodes of Grey's Anatomy every day, so I deleted Greys from my DVR Schedule. I was feeling really good about it. Yesterday I went to the greenhouse and worked there for a few hours so didn't miss them too much. Although they were in my head way too much. Today I was telling myself to be strong, because I was going to be home all day. I have sooooo much to do. I also had decided that I can't eat treats except on Friday night and Sunday, and it has to be measured and accounted for. Needless to say since I have been eating way more cadbury mini eggs than I will admit too, I was craving sugar and chocolate something fierce. It finally got to me and I sat down with some popcorn and fruit, (totally a good choice in my mind) and thought I would watch TV for the time it took me to eat my snack. It is the time that Greys is on, but I thought I have missed 4 episodes now so I told myself not to watch it. Well, I click on the guide and what do I see?!! I had dvr'd Greys upstairs and forgotten that I had done that. I always watched it downstairs. Between not eating chocolate and not having watched any Greys for almost 48 hours, Greys won. I watched 6 EPISODES, poor Steve had to make his own dinner. Instead of beating up on myself, I decided to tell myself I chose the lesser of two evils, for the treats would have caused me to gain weight, and I can't gain any more weight!!! I'm pitiful! Oh well, there are worse things.

Yesterday we started on our elevator remodel!!! It is turning out so much better than we thought it would. Plus they took out our dumbwaiter, put a floor in it and I can bring up my extra fridge from the shop and put it in my pantry!!! How cool is that! It will take about two months before it is all done, but it will be great when it is.

We have had great sunny weather, so I took a walk today, it was great!!! I discovered that this is a sand dollar beach down closer to the jetty. I am going to research when they are dead, because I could have picked up some pretty cool looking ones, but I was worried that they weren't dead yet. I found some cool shells also.

Well, I know there was cooler things I wanted to say, but alas, I can't remember them.

Love you all!!

7 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU GOT A NEW TV!!!! I HATED your old tv. Man Mom, you are seriously addicted to Greys Anatomy. I am so surprised. I really want Cadburys. Hopefully it's not too late to get some! I can't believe you're already on your way with the elevator! That's great!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

This is why I have never let myself watch Grey's because I know I would like it and get addicted to it. I'm so sorry you are addicted, and totally understand, because nomatter how bad Desperate Housewives gets I don't know if I can let it go. We still haven't talked about last weeks DH or Lost! I AM SO EXCITED to see the tv, and I can't believe you didn't tell me about it, Dad talked to me about it the other day. It sounds so amazing and I told MIke I want one some day. Especially because we've been doing netflix every night, rebecca gave us her password, so we've been watching instant play movies. I'm so excited about the sand dollars! Can't wait to stock up on those. That's really cool about the fridge in teh pantry- how wonderful.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am happy you have a new tv, it is wonderful to have a really clear picture. I think it is wonderful you can download. However I think it is more exciting to walk on the beach and find sand dollars. How cool is that? LOL mom

katy said...

I am very happy for you and your TV. I have to admit that I am a bit jealous of your life. The big new TV, the beach house, need I really go on? The only thing I am not jealous of really is Greys Anatomy. My husband and I tried to get into it and just couldn't. Your blog always makes me laugh. I love to read your posts. I have never commented til now though because I just learned to leave comments like a week ago.

Danielle said...

That is so wonderful you got that tv. I understand about Grey's. It is sooo hard to stop once you get to know the characters. I love you!!!

Penny Cluff said...

The TV sounds good, the greenhouse sounds better, the walk on the beach is the best. Wish I could look for those sand dollars with you. love.

Rebecca said...

Wow, a new TV. I bet it looks so much better. I'm happy for you. I love you.