Saturday, May 8, 2010

If Heaven was a store....



I used to always think that if Heaven was a store it would be the Container Store. The other day after working at Jakes's for 5 days, I was exhausted and decided to treat myself to a visit at Bob's Red Mill. I needed some Kamut berries. I walked in and was immediately surrounded by this feeling of warmth. I felt like I was in heaven. I walked around the store picking up the occasional cooking gadget that I didn't need but wanted. I found a cool cookbook, then went on to get my wonderful grains. All the while feeling this incredible feeling of peace. I then decided to order a wonderful sandwich from their bakery to eat on my way home. As I stood there and called Jake to tell him that I had now decided if Heaven was a store, it would be Bob's Red Mill. He laughed and said, "you're preaching to the choir mom". I have decided everyone should go there sometime. It was a wonderful moment!

5 comments:

Courtenay Beth said...

What??? Bob's Red Mill has STORE?!?!?!? I gotta go there!!! Ever since I was diagnosed with Celiac's Disease, Bob has been my total BFF... I feel good eating the things they produce. Heaven...I like it! My pantry is full of Bob's stuff, does that mean my Pantry is like heaven too??? LOL :)

AMY AND MIKEY said...

haha- courtenay's comment was funny. I've never heard of bob or the store- I'm assuming it's where you get al your wheat. love you!

Megan and Greg said...

That's pretty funny. I doubt I'll get such a thrill, but I'm glad you do! Happy Mother's Day! I love you Mom!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love you and I bet it is like Heaven thare. Thanks for the nice letter. Hugs mom

Not quite the Bradys said...

I didn't know they had a store?! Yay!