Thursday, June 24, 2010

Road Trip!

Well, I am so far behind, that I will have to catch up a little at a time. I am going to go backwards-the most recent!

I didn't know what to get my mom for Mother's Day and her b-day and mom had mentioned she wanted to go on a trip with me to Carin's (my cousin). I thought great present! I called mom and said do you want to go on a Road Trip for mother's day and your birthday, my treat? She didn't hesitate.

So on June 16, I got up at 6:00am, exercised, showered, got dressed, grabbed my shake and was out the door at 8:15am. Drove to Creswell and picked up my mom. Then off down the freeway we went. It was great! We did what we wanted when we wanted, we didn't hurry at all. We drove first to Megan's. We had lunch then got dressed to go to the temple.There is nothing quite like being in the temple with family, especially your mom and a daughter. It was great! Then when we got home Meg wanted some pregnant pics. Although, I thought the temple ones showed her tummy the best!
After dinner, we went to Megan's salon which was very cute. It was old fashioned and hip at the same time. Then Megan did my hair! Yeah for me!! After that we went home and went to bed-ahhhhh.

Next morning I took a 5 mile walk in Megs neighborhood. It is so nice, it's a great place to live. I figured out a loop that is one mile exactly without going out of her neighborhood or going on a main street.

After I got back they got up and we had a very leisurely morning, it felt so good. We talked laughed, ate and just enjoyed each other. Then we went to Jacksonville. It was sooooo cute and fun. It's an old cowboy type town. We ate gelato, shopped and then went out to dinner. We found this divine place to eat. We got there plenty early and it was a good thing, because it took almost 2 and a half hours!!!! But the food was to die for, so we didn't complain. Then for the first time we booked it, not time for leisure, to Ashland to the Shakespeare Festival. We went to Pride and Prejudice. It was so much fun and very funny. The mother and Mr. Collins were the best! Then home again, home again, jiggety jig. Thank goodness Megan lives a half hour from Ashland, as we had had a big day and were ready for bed.

Up the next day, Megan had to go to work, we went on our way to Carin's. She lives in Eureka, CA. Eureka is on the ocean, so it felt like I was going home. We went through part of the redwoods. We ate at a bagel shop for lunch, I had an organic salad, and mom had a yummy looking bagel san. We split a very good scone. Carin has 8 kids, one is on a mission. To blow your mind even more, 7 of them are BOYS! I can't even begin to imagine that. They were so cute and sweet and spiritual and fun. Mom and I had a great time. We stayed way later than we planned. Drove to the motel and crashed. The next morning we met Carin at a restaurant for breakfast, just us girls. It was delicious and great to be with Carin and kind of catch up. Carin is like Lynette Lewis for those of you who know her. She's here for her kids, she's next to perfect.

After that we drove to Eugene, went to Costco, Trader Joes and then said our good byes. It was a great, fun and relaxing trip. It was good to visit and just be together. I loved every minute of it!!!

6 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Wow, I had no idea I looked like that. Pictures are always a wake up call for me. It was a fun weekend! I love that pic of you and Grams by the redwood! So great!

Danielle said...

Looks so fun! I couldn't BELIEVE how long your hair was in those firsts pics! I think I like it best short, how you have it now. Megan did a good job! Wow- 8 kids with 7 boys. That sounds like a CRAZY busy life. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristi M. said...

Your haircut looks really cute. I only wish that Megan lived closer so she could cut mine. Fun, relaxing trip.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Your hair looks really cute! What a great trip! Megan is huge!!!!! I can't wait to see it in real life! I can't believe she has 8 kids and 7 are boys- I always really liked Karen, obviously we weren't around her alot, but when we were- I really liked her- she just was really sweet. I'm sog lad you were able to do a trip with grandma. love you!

Rebecca said...

Great pictures. Loved the Megan pics.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

It really was a fun trip and Megan was so fun and cute. I do like your hair shorter. Hugs