Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas time is Here!

Well, I got off to a late start, but just about the time I was done decorating, I had some things to do then got sick. :-( I have been sick for a little over a week. I thought I had kicked it and then it snuck up on me. I am tired of it, but that is life. I have gotten a few things done while I have been sick, mostly sitting things, but one day when I was starting to feel better I over did it and cleaned the downstairs. But at least the house is basically clean. That has been nice being sick, it makes me feel calmer.

I had a ball doing the lights in our front yard, the checker at Fred Meyer got to know me personally, 5 times in 2 days. She asked me if I knew what a list was, and I explained that I had one every time I came in, it was just that it was the first time I have ever done this yard so I didn't know for sure what I would need. I bought 8 boxes of lights in addition to the ones I already had! :-) it looks cool. Our yard looks like a fairy land. You can see it as soon as you drive into our neighborhood. Us and our neighbors to the east and north are the only ones that decorate. I have taken some pics but I think the one that will do it justice is the one from the car as we enter the neighborhood, and I am too sick to go take it, so later.

It was stressful decorating the inside of the house because I didn't know where to put things. I only knew where the tree was going, everything (and as you know there is a lot of everything) else was a mystery to me. Slowly but surely I got them all placed in their new little Christmas spot. I am very happy with it all. I wish I could do virtual tour, that would be way more fun, but these pics will have to do. Today while feeling sorry for myself, while Steve was at church, me doing gross cold things, I figured out what I want for Mother's Day or my B-day next year. I want everyone to get together and buy me a beautiful Nativity Scene picture for my mantle. I was enjoying my tree and living room, when it hit me that instead of a child in the snow walking home, it would be so wonderful to have a picture of the baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph. I will start looking. I love my hearth this year ,
I was going to give everyone money because I major procrastinated Christmas presents, and I was too sick to think. Then Lizzie called and asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told her and then when the big box came in in the mail from the store that I wanted something from, I got so excited. I wondered what exactly she got. I then thought, no way am I going to give money to my girls. I know the guys like money so that is different. I am sure the girls like money too, but it's not as exciting as wondering what is in that package. So I started racking my brain and came up with a fun gift, that is all I will say for now. I hope they come in on time! I need to mail some tomorrow also.

Well, I am about to quit, so I better start posting pics. The tree during the day the tree at nightI love my snow people!! I especially love this new spot.the dining room turned out really nice with the pic Clay painted and my snowflakes hanging from the lights, a new look and my beautiful Santa Mom gave me years ago.
My entry way this year is really fun, because the wind isn't blowing it down every night! I love our other entry better, but when we go back I will miss the wind free environment!Because our entry is dark most of the time I have the lights on all day on the stairs.
Now one of the most time consuming thing I do is the stairs. I love it a lot, but it is very hard to do alone. I always struggle with what to tie the swags up with so they won't show. I put 4 ugly ties on when I came up with the most brilliant idea, yes ribbon tied into beautiful bows! Doesn't it look cute! I am so happy to finally have an easier and more attractive way to hang the swags!

The living room- I finally used this as an excuse to put the entertainment center together, it looks so nice-what a shock!and no those aren't real candles, Steve still thinks we will burn the house down if we light candles, those are those battery operated ones from Costco, I LOVE them. I cannot believe how many things I bought because Danielle talked me into them. In the end I am always grateful. This advent calendar we went round and round about, she won and I love it and have never regretted it!My only new addition this year, if you squeeze his left ear his nose lights up! I hope someday one of my grandkids gets to squeeze it!
This next picture doesn't do this justice, it actually looks really cool!The inside EntryI hope Mrs. Santa doesn't feel like she is a cast out! She has never been in such an isolated place!
This is another one of those pics that doesn't look as good in a picture. Although I will have to say I think he looked better in my kitchen on Idaho Street.The last thing I did was the kitchen, I was getting tired, so one spot is litterally half done, but most of it I like a lot.
the window sill
This part of the kitchen turned out really neat
This clock I bought last year but never put it up because we were still moving in and I didn't decorate for Christmas, Steve loves it! I am very happy about that!
Another advent calendar Danielle talked me into. Do you see a pattern here?
This last one of the kitchen is where I finally said I'm done. The snowman is up there all by himself, he looks kind of funny in real life all by himself, I didn't take a pic of he whole area, but I do love the greenery. Last but not least, my lights at night. This first one is for Danielle.Try as I may, this is as good as it gets from the house. I hope the one from the car will look better, otherwise you will just have to trust me it is really magical!Well, I am hoping to blog again before Christmas, but if I don't have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

7 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Ahhhh too much to comment on!!!! I wish you could comment on the side while you're looking at blogs, because I can't remember anything! I LOVED teh lights! I can imagine it, and it does look magical! I love it! I love the new reindeer, kids will love that! I LOVE the clock, I hadn't seen that before. I LOVE the snow man area where they are skating, it's a perfect area for them! Has dad danced around the advent calendar to make them move yet? haha. I love everything- it all looks so beautiful. I don't have blue in my christmas tree- and every time I see yours with the blue ornaments, I always think "I need to add blue to mine" but I'm scared for some reason- Everything on my tree is so matchy matchy- just gold, silver and red I'm afraid to add a new color. Evverything looks so amaazing mom! I can't wait to see it all in real life! love you!- oh and I'm almost done with the first seasson of little hosue- Uhhhhhhh I love it so much. I'd probably be half way through the series if it weren't for Christmas movies right now.

Danielle said...

Your christmas lights are seriously AMAZING! i love them so much! And I really have to say---I am just fine with taking credit for how awesome your house looks! I'm happy I talked you into all those decorations! I wish I was there to talk you into more! Christmas decorations are really just the best. I love you soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I'm so glad I got to talk to you today!

Lizzie said...

I am still in awe of all the Christmas decorations you have!!! this house seems perfect for it too....so many spaces to put little things. I love your mantle and agree that a picture of the nativity would look beautiful there. Swags are SO HARD by yourself. It looks amazing mom. I wish we could be there. what i really wish is that we lived closer. as soon as school let out last week, lillie threw her girls in the car and off they went to her moms (2 hours away). I was so jealous. How would that be? I can only imagine.

we have that rudolph too. kate insisted that we buy it last august when costco got it. she slept with it for weeks in the fall. = )

love you so much.

Lizzie said...

oh and i love the clock.

also, i was the first person to comment on the family pictures last week or the week before adn i just looked and my comment is nowhere to be found. i read it all and commented....thanks for posting those. i love them!

Carin said...

Sharon....
Your house is gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing and tell Steve, I LOVE the clock too!!! And Danielle's advent calendars are very cute!! Merry Christmas, sweet cousin!! :-)

Aliese the Writer said...

To start, I am so sorry that you have been sick. It must feel horrible. I have been behind on Christmas. When we were talking about drawing names, mom kept saying, "You guys draw names and I'll just give everyone a present." I talked her out of it and I regret it. I got her a present and that was it (I drew her)! It feels so weird. I have no idea what to get Dad and don't know if I should get Diane anything. Oh, well!

I love love all your decorations! I forgot about all of them! How long has it been since we spent Christmas there? Too long! I wish I could be there for the holiday spirit! Every little nook and cranny is decorated! I love it! I love your tree. It looks just like ours. Not matching at all, but still really pretty. I've seen a lot of places where all the ornaments match and I felt out of place. But I still love my tree. I love the snowmen and the houses and how everything is set up so nicely. I just love it. I love you! Merry Christmas! :)

HeidiT said...

Wow, you have a ton of Christmas decor - where in the world do you store all of that?! That's why I have to refrain from buying more every year because I have no place to store it. I love it though, it looks so festive and I love the clock!